Author Topic: The choice of which one is more important. Surgeon or ortho?  (Read 1472 times)

thinkingme

For best aesthetic outcome and minimalize Side effects.I just find a lot of ortho and 2-3 surgeon which give courses abroad. And 2 ortho who participate a lecture with arnett gunson. They were both speakers. I just decide i must go for jaw surgery. Now i must pick a ortho or surgeon . My case not so complex for aestetich but i have so complex dental occlusion. Probably i go first and last time under knife(hope first and last) and i want best outcome. i read a lot of good and bad stories about university hospitals.

I just want to ask what i must do when choosing and How did you choose ur surgery team.

april

• Private
Re: The choice of which one is more important. Surgeon or ortho?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
If it helps at all, Arnett & Gunson train and work with orthodontists who follow the Roth Williams/FACE treatment philosophy.

But I'm not sure how it works - i.e if you were to go with a Roth Williams/FACE trained-ortho if you must also work with a surgeon who follows that philosophy too (for best results), and vice versa. I'd guess so.

"The RW FACE philosophy is unique from other orthodontic treatment methods because it involves multiple dental specialties in treatment planning and diagnosis while emphasizing three basic principles. These include a focus on developing smile aesthetics based on genetic morphology; functional occlusion for facial balance, lip support, efficient chewing and healthy gum tissues; and proper joint function for lifelong stability."

Where are you from? It seems to be more popular in US, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Portugal and maybe some other parts of Europe.

http://www.rwiso.org/ (go to doctor referrals and click on the world map)
http://www.fullfacecourse.com/index.php

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:34 PM »
one of ortho i find in member of them. But he has high price. And this ortho invite mr arnett to turkey and give lecture with him. I can trust him. But i cant supply maybe. and im from turkey. He is giving ''arnett gunson method in orthgonatic surgery'' courses. And he already use damon braces. To be honest i jsut check his history of ortho and he join some courses at santa barbara. But i dont know i must pay like 2x for him.

LyraM45

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
Both are important. I got screwed over by BOTH my ortho and surgeon for my first surgery, and both had significant impacts and have caused irreversible damage.  I'd almost say the ortho more than the surgeon actually.

Both are important.  Make sure both are good when you're seeking out your trusted treaters for this process.