Author Topic: Surgeons for revision in the North East US?  (Read 1072 times)

jawsaw

Surgeons for revision in the North East US?
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
Hello fellow jaw surgery argonauts! I'm back, looking for advice.

I am certain that I could benefit from a revision orthognathic surgery. This decision is 90% for functional purposes and 10% aesthetic. In my opinion the aesthetic qualm is only an indication of the disfunction I am experiencing.

My surgeon was mildly receptive to my claim and my orthodontist was not. I unfortunately need to spread my wings and migrate around seeking a second opinion, or more honestly, validation.

The ticking time bomb of my health insurance expiring at the end of this year is disconcerting. I need to find an adept, thoughtful surgeon in the northeast US who works with insurance to evaluate my situation.

Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

And just because: To anyone who is here contemplating jaw surgery, do not let my desire for a revision scare you out of going through with it. My life has drastically improved as a result of my jaw surgery. Perhaps it is greedy of me to strive for that last 20%, but hey some people want a Lamborghini, I just want to feel comfortable when I stand up straight. Life is weird.