Author Topic: What surgery should I get? (pics)  (Read 2836 times)

GinaKhan

What surgery should I get? (pics)
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:17:40 PM »
I don't like the way my lips come together, especially because it strains my nose (makes it have an arc). My cheeks look flat and have no definition. I had an underbite that was "corrected" with orthodontic treatment. Even after years of my braces, my bite is still f**ked. I know I could use a nose job, but first I want to try to improve my face with jaw surgery. Not sure where to start.

What should I do?
http://imgur.com/a/9ehHN

PloskoPlus

Re: What surgery should I get? (pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:42:31 PM »
Bite looks edge to edge. LF1 advancement with maybe impaction. See a surgeon. No nose job before jaw surgery.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 03:35:36 AM »
Now that i think about it, someone like wolford or gunson would probably do a CCW and advance the lower jaw as well. With the cheeks coming forward from the lf1 and the chin from the bsso, your nose woud look much smaller in profile.

GinaKhan

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:53:28 AM »
Now that i think about it, someone like wolford or gunson would probably do a CCW and advance the lower jaw as well. With the cheeks coming forward from the lf1 and the chin from the bsso, your nose woud look much smaller in profile.
Thanks PloskoPlus. You are a jaw-surgery god on these forums.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:08 PM »
Thanks PloskoPlus. You are a jaw-surgery god on these forums.
Lol, not even close. At least get a paper consult from gunson.

kjohnt

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:38:29 PM »
You need to expand your upper arch.  The outside edge of your lower molars should touch the middle of your uppers.

I see the nose thing, but even more important than that is chin projection, so sliding genioplasty for sure.

IDK about maxillary advancement.  I'm not seeing it.  Possible impaction needed though.

Your first step should be to consult with an orthodontist and get some x-rays taken.  During that consultation, insist on a referral to a good max-facs surgeon.

thinkingme

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:49:51 AM »
I think u look fine. u have feminine jaw and mouth. U didnt should get surgery . But u can get if u want just consult some surgeons.