Author Topic: IF MMA surgery has the most advancement why isn't it noticeable?  (Read 6578 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Everyone is so worried about looking like a chimp after jaw surgery especially with large movements.  Why then does the before and after in so many MMA surgeries for sleep apnea look only mildly different? Here is an example.

The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

JimmyTheGent

Re: IF MMA surgery has the most advancement why isn't it noticeable?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »
Here is another.  There is a difference but he just looks better.  No chimp face, no upturned nose, no protruding upper lip, but he must have had large advancements if it was to cure sleep apnea. 

The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

TMKA

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:24 AM »
I think the chimp face risk is quite small for overbites. In my opinion, people with underbites who only get the top jaw moved are at a higher risk, but only if they have a strong lower jaw. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I think slightly forward jaws are attractive and those people have a lower risk of sleep apnea.

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 11:55:54 AM »
I think the chimp face risk is quite small for overbites. In my opinion, people with underbites who only get the top jaw moved are at a higher risk, but only if they have a strong lower jaw. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I think slightly forward jaws are attractive and those people have a lower risk of sleep apnea.

from what I have seen I think you are correct.  So far the only people I have seen that get the chimp look are the underbite patients who only have their maxilla moved forward but even still I think the whole chimp look thing is exaggerated.  Id take a man made ante face over a long face & weak chin any day of the week!   
I have sleep apnea and I would be ecstatic if I had the natural looking results these 2 guys achieved after surgery.