Author Topic: Going on a fat graft consult for under eye next week  (Read 3276 times)

earl25

Going on a fat graft consult for under eye next week
« on: July 01, 2016, 11:54:28 AM »
In light of the hydroxyapatite discussion im looking into possible other alternatives. I have always been anti fat, but figure a consult cant hurt.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Going on a fat graft consult for under eye next week
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »
Cool let us know the results of your consult! I've seen some good work with fat in the past but not much.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »
For someone like me who is very gaunt in the face (what a horrible problem to have), I'm super optimistic about fat grafting.  Obviously if it ever gets to a point where close to 100% of it survives all the time, it will be the perfect filler.  The patient approval rating has gone up a lot the last couple years and a lot of doctors are very happy to do it now.

I guess it can't hurt though to do a consult.  I've done many and the doctors who perform it frequently will make it sound fantastic... but you can't be too careful with something that is fairly irreversible.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:27:34 PM »
I have lots of injuries on my face that have left some indentations and fat atrophy so I would love it if it could predictably help me achieve symmetry and a full youthful face.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:38 PM »
Yeah man, maybe all this regenerative stuff will just come together all at once.  Seems too good to be true, haha.

After my surgery with Gunson, I took the CT scans he gave me and converted it into 3D data.  I then took a 3D sculpting program and filled in the volume to my face to near perfection.  I know what I need in terms of volume now, we just need to wait for these procedures to get to near perfect reliability... and I think when that time does come doctors will also do these 3D techniques similar to what I have done to simulate it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »
Yeah man, maybe all this regenerative stuff will just come together all at once.  Seems too good to be true, haha.

After my surgery with Gunson, I took the CT scans he gave me and converted it into 3D data.  I then took a 3D sculpting program and filled in the volume to my face to near perfection.  I know what I need in terms of volume now, we just need to wait for these procedures to get to near perfect reliability... and I think when that time does come doctors will also do these 3D techniques similar to what I have done to simulate it.

yeah that was really awesome, well done.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »
I think it's promising for some applications. I think it could mask my under eye bags well for example. Not great for making cheekbones prominent but mine are close to normal. It's not going to fix my A-P deficiency, that would be better but more invasive. Fat grafting seems like a reasonable option to consider actually.

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:03:29 AM »
Hi earl how was your consult?

earl25

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
copied fron my miss post
saw dr andrew  kornstein. i liked him. he was patient and answered all my questions. he actually didnt think my assymetry was so bad. he actually thought all my doctors did a great job so far.

He actually said my forehead is the only real Issue he feels is major. not the brow but the forehead. he said i have hollownes in the frontal view of my forehead. he said fat grafts to my forhead to smooth and bring it out wil bring much more balance to my face. he said the forehead especially in men is really ignored in terms of facial harmony. he said by augmenting my forhead it will give an illusion of a lower hairline, but im not sure how, if anything i would think the opposite

he did say he would do fat grafts to my cheeks to bring back symmetry and also do some in my orbital rim and temple. he said he would do a "c" shape from my temples down to my orbital rims.

he also recomended hairline lowering which i would love but i have a family history of baldness so i dont think its a good idea.

I asked about lumps he said he never gets them but every doc say that. I asked where h takes the fat from he said he can take it from anywhere I want.

he does fat under general anesthesia

not sure what to do still looking into HA.

one thing im concerned ,is does fat graft really look natural

kornsteins paper on forehead fat

http://journals.lww.com/...ad_Glabella_Radix.3.aspx

i askedfor a break down of the 45cc he said he didnt really have a breakdown off hand because its an on the table type decision thing. he did say that the bulk of it will go to the forehead around 15-20 cc. so that leaves 20cc or so for the temples (unless he included that in the forehead calc) under eye and cheek ,nasabiol fold lines and slightly under the nose. im thinking thats too much for me. im leaning towards no to to fat anywehre except forehead. that intrigues meand my forehead is genetically a major wreck, assymetric, recessed, different on each side in terms of size and shape.

he claims he gets 95% retention. he said he draws the fat out slowly by hand with a canula then centrifuges it then inject via a canula.