Author Topic: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN  (Read 28583 times)

needadvancement

Re: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »
Congrats. I know the feeling of being surprised that it's not as bad as expected, hopefully it stays positive for you. Would also be great if you shared (censored) pictures down the line because this sounds like a very major aesthetic surgery on top of the benefits. I'm particularly interested in the chin widening you've had since I'm looking into that as well.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »
yeah i almost wish I was having that feeling. I feel like I just look the same as before surgery! Big issues is cause I got so fat beforehand so the bony segment changes are invisible.
Did you are least shave before surgery?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »
Did you are least shave before surgery?

lol yeah i did and i even shaved my head entirely bald with a bic so there'd be no hair in the doc's way

ditterbo

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13:48 PM »
Sounds like a lot of surgery through 5 hours time, but really hoping it works out well for you!  That's amazing how little nerve damage you seem have to gotten so far.  TBH I'm a little surprised your lower jaw was only moved forward 6mm.  Did you not have sleep apnea? Also, did he use HA around your cheeks? 

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »
i just spent the 2 weeks caring for someone who had double jaw surgery. just an fyi, the stuffed up nose didn't settle in really strongly until day 3 or 4 after surgery. granted, the movements were larger than yours and surgery time longer but still i suggest you have some children's sudafed, chap stick and maybe some afrin on hand. just don't get too used to the afrin, use it sparingly and avoid drinking dairy or dairy based protein powders. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »
i just spent the 2 weeks caring for someone who had double jaw surgery. just an fyi, the stuffed up nose didn't settle in really strongly until day 3 or 4 after surgery. granted, the movements were larger than yours and surgery time longer but still i suggest you have some children's sudafed, chap stick and maybe some afrin on hand. just don't get too used to the afrin, use it sparingly and avoid drinking dairy or dairy based protein powders.

Thanks for the tips! I'm not too worried about pain and all that. I just hope I got the results I was banking on. I mean I don't know why my movements were so low. is 1.5 cm for the lower jaw low? I mean I had a weak jaw/chin but not like one of those condyle absorption patients. Oh well, we'll see how things end up after a couple months and if I'm unhappy I'll go with a chin wing to push it further.

Honestly, I've been watching this stuff for a long time and it takes 6 weeks to see 95 percent of results and that last 5 percent is negligible. Anyone wanna show me visual evidence to the contrary? That whole 3-6 months BS is from doctors who wanna shake unsatisfied patients off their back.

marcus3415

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 08:23:29 PM »
Swelling keeps going on residually for at least minimum 3 months

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
Swelling keeps going on residually for at least minimum 3 months

sure but do you have an accurate gauge of your results by 6 weeks, at least in terms of the balance of the chin to nose in profile or the squareness, shape of the frontal view etc. YUP.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
i agree with you that by week 8 at the latest you can make pretty accurate judgements on aesthetic outcomes.

i think 15mm is probably a very average movement. def significant but not enormous. 9mm seems like a enormous movement for a genioplasty though! you must have ended up with a very strong chin which i don't think necessarily means it lines up with the tip of your nose!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 10:03:10 PM »
i agree with you that by week 8 at the latest you can make pretty accurate judgements on aesthetic outcomes.

i think 15mm is probably a very average movement. def significant but not enormous. 9mm seems like a enormous movement for a genioplasty though! you must have ended up with a very strong chin which i don't think necessarily means it lines up with the tip of your nose!

Yup I asked for a VERY strong chin so if that's the implication, fantastic. He also widened the mandibles at the sides. Honestly given all the horror stories and botched surgeries out there the fact that things went off without any (as yet) complications I'm pretty stoked.

Well everyone always says the Day 3 mark is the toughest so I'll report back to y'all tomorrow on how that's turned out.

One interesting thing, no expansion of my nose whatsoever. In fact my nose looks smaller and sharper and a lot straighter than it did before. Sinn said he did that with his cinch and the trimming of the alar base (no external scars or anything).

Hoenstly I may not need a rhionplasty at all I think!  But again, here I am falling prey to what I always warned others about, drawing conclusions too early.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 01:53:39 AM »
Thanks for the tips! I'm not too worried about pain and all that. I just hope I got the results I was banking on. I mean I don't know why my movements were so low. is 1.5 cm for the lower jaw low? I mean I had a weak jaw/chin but not like one of those condyle absorption patients. Oh well, we'll see how things end up after a couple months and if I'm unhappy I'll go with a chin wing to push it further.

Honestly, I've been watching this stuff for a long time and it takes 6 weeks to see 95 percent of results and that last 5 percent is negligible. Anyone wanna show me visual evidence to the contrary? That whole 3-6 months BS is from doctors who wanna shake unsatisfied patients off their back.

For lower jaw I can 100% say that it takes quite some time before you can tell. For instance at 3 months I had a good feeling of the outcome, but still required another 2 months for more swelling to go. You'll be surprised at hte degree of residual swelling that exists.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 04:06:23 AM »
sure but do you have an accurate gauge of your results by 6 weeks, at least in terms of the balance of the chin to nose in profile or the squareness, shape of the frontal view etc. YUP.
By 8 weeks 90% of swelling is gone. You can safely judge your result then.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:28 AM »
Yup I asked for a VERY strong chin so if that's the implication, fantastic. He also widened the mandibles at the sides. Honestly given all the horror stories and botched surgeries out there the fact that things went off without any (as yet) complications I'm pretty stoked.

Well everyone always says the Day 3 mark is the toughest so I'll report back to y'all tomorrow on how that's turned out.

One interesting thing, no expansion of my nose whatsoever. In fact my nose looks smaller and sharper and a lot straighter than it did before. Sinn said he did that with his cinch and the trimming of the alar base (no external scars or anything).

Hoenstly I may not need a rhionplasty at all I think!  But again, here I am falling prey to what I always warned others about, drawing conclusions too early.
Can you explain what you mean by alar base trimming? Did he file down the maxilla under the nose or did he actually do a weir resection of your nostrils?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 04:45:56 AM »
Can you explain what you mean by alar base trimming? Did he file down the maxilla under the nose or did he actually do a weir resection of your nostrils?

I'll ask him when I see him today. Whatever he did it made a bit of a difference in making my nose look better.

So it's morning of Day 3. I'm so surprised most of you aren't shocked and asking me tons of questions but then most of yuo are newbies and don't remember the old days of this forum, the disasterously heart-crushing meeting with Arnett when he told me my ortho had ruined my looks, and then the false hope I briefly had that Schendel could help. And let's not forget the Mayo clinic. This has been a journey ongoing since 2011 for me and the major part of it is finally, and thankfully done.

Yeah so my face hasn't gotten any MORE swollen. But the lower part is really swollen. Thanks for that comment molestrip I think you're right as I think the type of swelling I have is distortin how my jaw and bite look right now.

Not gonna lie, I get the occasional shooting pain a long nerves in my mouth, but again the hydrocodone does the trick. ]

I'm a tad irritable with all the drueling and not being able to speak very well.

Anyway......

PloskoPlus

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 05:28:13 AM »
The alar cinch is keeping your nostrils together and  probably raised  your tip. Combined with swollen more forward cheeks your nose looks smaller. As the cinch dissolves the nostrils will widen and the tip will drop - the nose will widen eventually. In the first weeks after my lefortI I ttoo thought "hey i don't need a nose job anymore".