Author Topic: Squared jaw angles from chin wing/shield genioplasty?  (Read 4481 times)

UnderMunch

Squared jaw angles from chin wing/shield genioplasty?
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:29:56 AM »
Hi guys

Can chin wing/shield surgery turn a round jawline into a square jawline(upside-down trapeze)?

I've seen a handful b/a from chin wing surgeries, and a few of the patients have gone from a fairly round or averagely looking jawline and chin to something much, much more square. Is this possible to achieve with just chin wing or chin shield surgeries?

I don't know if these patients have had other surgeries at the same time or after their chin wing/shield, so I might just be mistaken altogether.

Does anyone of you happen to know?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Squared jaw angles from chin wing/shield genioplasty?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
Not in my case and I specifically requested it and was told I would get it in 1 chin wing and wouldn't need more than 1. 2 months post op.

I've seen about 15 chin wings. 2-3 got dramatic jaw improvements. The rest didn't. I wasn't sure if that's because they didn't want it but I now know after my experience it's just down to what the surgeon can do for you and your existing bone structure, facial tissue etc. I'm very lean now btw and the machine at my gym says I'm 8% bf.

My surgeon did his best.

Yeah so I'm a bit confused there. You didn't not get the before after result you were looking for. And your surgeon promised you a particular outcome.

What does your surgeon say now that you don't have the outcome he indicated you would? I mean I'm quite interested in all such cases because it seems to be either a degree of inauthenticity on the part of surgeons who are being weasily salesmen promising you something and when they don't achieve it how the hell do they justify that?????

I mean in any industry, if someone promises are service and the expectations are not met it's up to the person offering the service to make good on that promise. So in this situation to offer up a redo to get you to where you were promised. Am I right?

What am I missing here?

In the cases where the operation did NOT give the desired result what result DID it give? Did it at least give more chin projection? Balance the face? change the angles? give a more curved chin. I MEAN HOW THE HELL COULD IT DO NOTHING? AND IS THAT NOT NOTHING AT LEAST SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH HAVING THE OPERATION FOR????

needadvancement

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
Yeah so I'm a bit confused there. You didn't not get the before after result you were looking for. And your surgeon promised you a particular outcome.

What does your surgeon say now that you don't have the outcome he indicated you would? I mean I'm quite interested in all such cases because it seems to be either a degree of inauthenticity on the part of surgeons who are being weasily salesmen promising you something and when they don't achieve it how the hell do they justify that?????

I mean in any industry, if someone promises are service and the expectations are not met it's up to the person offering the service to make good on that promise. So in this situation to offer up a redo to get you to where you were promised. Am I right?

What am I missing here?

In the cases where the operation did NOT give the desired result what result DID it give? Did it at least give more chin projection? Balance the face? change the angles? give a more curved chin. I MEAN HOW THE HELL COULD IT DO NOTHING? AND IS THAT NOT NOTHING AT LEAST SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH HAVING THE OPERATION FOR????

Well every surgeon I've met so far stated that what they can't do is promise me results.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
Well every surgeon I've met so far stated that what they can't do is promise me results.

it's funny cause most of the ones I've met have indeed promised me results. But I've only had one surgery so far so it's not like I'm really that experienced.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
I've only had one surgery so far

I mostly stopped reading the forums [other than to mod], but I will be back daily and hitting F5 just to read the chronicles of your future surgeries.

If they shorten the midface one day and you get the procedure, that will be the most epic thread in internet history.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »
I mostly stopped reading the forums [other than to mod], but I will be back daily and hitting F5 just to read the chronicles of your future surgeries.

If they shorten the midface one day and you get the procedure, that will be the most epic thread in internet history.
It has been done... Sort of.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »
It has been done... Sort of.

I don't understaand what is going on here? Has there been a disturbance in the force?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 09:22:33 PM »

I don't understaand what is going on here? Has there been a disturbance in the force?
Well an abnormally long lip combined with massive gums, but a normal length nose -  impaction with a lip lift.
Technically the midface length is mostly the nose. I don't think the nose can be shortened.
Neither your lip or nose look long,  BTW.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 06:39:34 AM »
Well an abnormally long lip combined with massive gums, but a normal length nose -  impaction with a lip lift.
Technically the midface length is mostly the nose. I don't think the nose can be shortened.
Neither your lip or nose look long,  BTW.

thanks plosko.

yeah i'm waiting for your assessment of my surgery, though it should be predicated on my before and then a most recent set of pics. I'll take new ones at the 6 week mark!

The raw juice diet has been making me feel amazing.