Author Topic: Infraorbital rim implant result  (Read 15499 times)

boyo

Infraorbital rim implant result
« on: August 07, 2016, 03:48:46 AM »
Was combined with a canthoplasty.

what you guys think of the result? I'm trying the figure out if i should get this or just go suicidal mode and do a mod LF3.

MrFox

Re: Infraorbital rim implant result
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 04:27:46 AM »
So strange, I asked myself the exact same question today.
I was planning to go to Dr Taban for orbital rim implants and whatever soft tissue changes I need but after reading Lazlo say he is going for the lefort 3, part of me feels like I might be missing out if I don't try this.

I have seen a full lefort 3 on one of Sailer's patients but it didn't improve the eyes, the patient still needed canthoplasty and maybe other things. I saw the patient in person, not in photographs.
Hmm actually it could have something to do with the SHAPE of the orbital rims, not just how far back they are, if the rims start too low down then if you advance them the eyes still won't look right.

boyo

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:37:00 AM »
So strange, I asked myself the exact same question today.
I was planning to go to Dr Taban for orbital rim implants and whatever soft tissue changes I need but after reading Lazlo say he is going for the lefort 3, part of me feels like I might be missing out if I don't try this.

I have seen a full lefort 3 on one of Sailer's patients but it didn't improve the eyes, the patient still needed canthoplasty and maybe other things. I saw the patient in person, not in photographs.
[Hmm actually it could have something to do with the SHAPE of the orbital rims, not just how far back they are, if the rims start too low down then if you advance them the eyes still won't look right.

Taban told me you'll be needing both a canthoplasty and added vertical/anterior orbital bone support when trying to lift the lower eyelid. If your orbital floor is convex-shaped or low-set i guess you can get them filled with grafts when doing the LF3 to get that necessary vertical support. This explains why earl still isn't happy with his eyes, even after a LF3.

I would almost certainly do a mod LF3 if Lazlo manage to go through the surgery without vision problems or muscle paralysis. I suspect the risks are somewhat exaggerated when executed by experienced surgeons. I wonder if any of Sinns LF3 patients had any problems at all post-op?

MrFox

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 06:18:11 AM »
What do you think about that Taban result?

earl25

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 06:45:11 AM »
taban is a good doctor. he did my orbital decompression and ectropion repair

MrFox

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 07:10:03 AM »
taban is a good doctor. he did my orbital decompression and ectropion repair
I didn't know you had decompression, I know he does that and wouldn't be surprised if he recommended it to me. Are you happy with your eyes now?

earl25

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:39:12 PM »
I didn't know you had decompression, I know he does that and wouldn't be surprised if he recommended it to me. Are you happy with your eyes now?

not really but its not a knock on taban or sin. i just have naturally very messed up eyes/ bone structure . naturally huge eyes and small sockets /small bone structure

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 12:39:31 AM »
Two major things are concerning me:
Is the result of a modified lefort 3 stable/durable? (5 or 10 years later?)
Bovine, cadaver or hip bone is placed behind the advanced bone to hold it. Could this cause any problems (infection) years after the procedure?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 12:53:44 AM »
Two major things are concerning me:
Is the result of a modified lefort 3 stable/durable? (5 or 10 years later?)
Bovine, cadaver or hip bone is placed behind the advanced bone to hold it. Could this cause any problems (infection) years after the procedure?
Plates hold things together in the short and long term.  In the long term the graft bone (but not HA) will get replaced with your own bone.  It's probably no less stable than le fort 1.

boyo

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 03:04:12 AM »
Plates hold things together in the short and long term.  In the long term the graft bone (but not HA) will get replaced with your own bone.  It's probably no less stable than le fort 1.

Rate the implant result itt.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 05:51:24 AM »
Rate the implant result itt.
Very good, but the outer canthus could be higher. I've been told it can be raised by up to 2mms. I suppose there are limitations. It may warp the eye shape. Who's the surgeon?
Anyway, I am not sure if I'll bother with any of this stuff. My upper midface cheekbones are very flat. But my face is very wide so my eyes look tiny. Building up the upper midface would make them smaller. Is your paresthesia getting any better?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 09:20:24 AM »
Can anyone please ask sinn if the result of a modified lefort 3 is permanent or if the advanced midface bones resorb due to the higher pressure of the soft tissue/muscles etc. (It is not the same as a natural forward grown face imo but I am no surgeon).
No surgeon will say that his procedure is anything but the best option possible

Lestat

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
I do not really know if a modified Lefort 3 is a good idea.

Lazlo, you have seen before and after pics. Is the final result of a modified Lefort 3 similar to this result of a ZSO?

http://www.intechopen.com/source/html/48013/media/fig27.png

This is exactly what I am looking for. Is it not a spectacular result?
Is there much difference in the outcome between this zso and a mod. lf3 without moving the jaw?

Is it true that a mod. LF3 makes the face also wider?

Thank you!

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
I've probably seen the same photos you have and I think calling them "nasty scars" is a pretty dramatic over exaggeration. Light, fine scars with a bit of discoloration would probably be more appropriate. And they photos you've seen were within the first year of surgery I assume. Lots of people have facial scars from chicken pox or falling as a child that don't even mildly take away from their attractiveness. I would say the scarring from this surgery with Dr. Sinn is less noticeable than something like that.

earl25

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
Dr. Sinn's LEFORT III leaves huge scars on the side of eyes. You'll always have that and it will look like you're a bit messed up. At least that's what I saw on some examples. So I'm debating if its worthwhile.

you can try scar after care stuff like silicone gel,silicone strips,msm,dmso etc

i didnt