Author Topic: Treatment Progression/Results Double Jaw Surgery And Revision Surgery  (Read 5390 times)

LyraM45

For anybody doing their research on a few things-- 1.) Results for class II gummy smile, and 2.) Revision results after a bad surgery, I wanted to post a summary I've put together of my treatment.  I've also put together some final thoughts regarding everything.  I won't write a long post here since I've done this on my website already, but for anybody wanting to see class II gummy smile results and/or revision results after a surgery gone bad, check out my final summary and thoughts here:  http://www.confessionsofametalmouth.com/beforeafter-treatments-comparison-and-final-thoughts.html

LyraM45

Re: Treatment Progression/Results Double Jaw Surgery And Revision Surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »
Updated the above link with my final records.  So weird to say I have final records and am done with all of this finally after 4 years of hell. 

Was able to do a quick before/during/after now that I have the final records.  Top 2013 pre treatment, middle Feb 2016 - 22 months post first surgery gone bad and 1 week prior revision, bottom is Nov 2016 - 9.5 months post revision and 3 months after debanding. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

LyraM45

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 06:14:59 AM »
Thanks!  And yeah, it's been a wild ride the last 4 years!

zygotic

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »
Fantastic results. In your after photos your head posture is much better where the tops of your ears are lining up with your eyes. Did you have to train yourself or did that come naturally after surgery? Would also love to know who did your revision surgery.

LyraM45

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:05 PM »
Fantastic results. In your after photos your head posture is much better where the tops of your ears are lining up with your eyes. Did you have to train yourself or did that come naturally after surgery? Would also love to know who did your revision surgery.

Sorry I totally missed this post! To answer your question-- I have not thought about anything or done anything to train myself after jaw surgery. Any differences are just ones that are occurring naturally without me thinking about them.

LyraM45

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
For anybody still following this thread--

I just posted a 2 year revision update. All is still going well. ZERO dental or skeletal relapse. My revision team is over the moon about this of course!

http://www.confessionsofametalmouth.com/blog