Author Topic: Im afraid of jaw surgery can worsen my profile. Please be honest (with photos)  (Read 3419 times)

thinkingme

I have long upper and mid face but not much gummy smile. Have already long and big face(not so narrow) and I know they cant make smaller my upper jaw.

Im adding 5 photos. First 1-2 photo side profile. at third photo see my big forehead and receding hairline. 4th photo normal smiling 5th photo high smiling. (little gummy smile)

Please be honest. I know im ugly but is there any hope? Must i go jaw surgery? Tbh i dont care airways or etc at age 20. Im caring my profile and receding hairline. I will push if jaw surgery will help then get hair treatments or transplant bur first imust fix this jaw s**t. But my head already big im not sure making my lower jaw will help.

without facial hairs http://imgim.com/img_20151129_180115.jpg. my 1year old ceph http://imgim.com/sefoelet.jpg.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thinkingme

Maximum 1mb allowed and im adding teeths here

[attachment deleted by admin]

kjohnt

Sarpe.

Maxillary premolar dental implants.

The two lower premolars you have left probably need to go.  Wisdom teeth pulled.  You won't have many lower teeth after this, but I know of no other way to create the necessary space.  IPR won't be enough.

Braces to pull teeth into proper positions and inclinations.

Bimax.  Maxilla impacted maybe 2mm left side 3mm right.  Probably forward a few mm.  Mandible forward to close nice big overjet that appeared after extractions, braces. and maxillary advancement.

This is only my best guess as to what you need to fix your teeth and jaw structure.  And yes, I'd say you do need it.

Lazlo

• Private
unless you're having some sort of massive jaw problems or pain or funcitonal s**t nobody "NEEDS" to have jaw surgery.

If we went by maxillofacial criteria i mean literally 85 percent of the population "needs" jaw surgery. It's kind of f**ked actually.

thinkingme

Im doing my morphs but it didnt seem good. Mb icant do morphs and if someone can morp for me im thankfull. my lower jaw is not narrow. upper is narrow but lower teeths have bad angles. http://sketchtoy.com/67391627 like this.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:35:23 AM by thinkingme »

thinkingme

Sarpe.

Maxillary premolar dental implants.

The two lower premolars you have left probably need to go.  Wisdom teeth pulled.  You won't have many lower teeth after this, but I know of no other way to create the necessary space.  IPR won't be enough.

Braces to pull teeth into proper positions and inclinations.

Bimax.  Maxilla impacted maybe 2mm left side 3mm right.  Probably forward a few mm.  Mandible forward to close nice big overjet that appeared after extractions, braces. and maxillary advancement.

This is only my best guess as to what you need to fix your teeth and jaw structure.  And yes, I'd say you do need it.

why i need maxilary premolar implants? I have already them

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Sarpe.

What happens if your lower dental arch is as narrow as the top?  How can they do SARPE without somehow widening the bottom to keep the bite correct?  I know they can split the mandible and do Distraction Osteogenesis but that is rarely done.  Any ideas?  Anyone?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

kjohnt

What happens if your lower dental arch is as narrow as the top?  How can they do SARPE without somehow widening the bottom to keep the bite correct?  I know they can split the mandible and do Distraction Osteogenesis but that is rarely done.  Any ideas?  Anyone?

You are correct that the arches must match, and arch widening of the mandible is rare.  However, because he will have some overjet once ready for bimax, the upper arch should be wider than current to allow for proper occlusion once overjet is eliminated. It may not be enough to warrant SARPE and instead buccal tipping of the upper molars and premolars may work.  Unfortunately for OP, both arches are extremely narrow.

thinkingme

You are correct that the arches must match, and arch widening of the mandible is rare.  However, because he will have some overjet once ready for bimax, the upper arch should be wider than current to allow for proper occlusion once overjet is eliminated. It may not be enough to warrant SARPE and instead buccal tipping of the upper molars and premolars may work.  Unfortunately for OP, both arches are extremely narrow.
im not asking expansion. My both arches are small i know im asking without expansion jaw surgery effect me badly or better? Im doing morphs but cant improve my profile or it wont look natural. I just dont want to go surgery if it wouldnt improve anything

TMKA

I think you would greatly benefit aesthetically from surgery for sure. And you may not care about airways now, but in 10 years you will when you can't breathe at night without being hooked up to a machine that is uncomfortable and noisy and a definite romance killer.

thinkingme

I think you would greatly benefit aesthetically from surgery for sure. And you may not care about airways now, but in 10 years you will when you can't breathe at night without being hooked up to a machine that is uncomfortable and noisy and a definite romance killer.

If u are old member of forum u probably remember me. let me summarize shortly my story, at 2015 oct i was braces free and irealize nothing fixed. my jaw my teeths still bad. idid a little search andsend photos ortho and forums they say surgery will fix my problems. then i go orthos and refused from alls. they said im normal or need genio only. But one of orthos understand me and take a ceph and analyze it. She said 4 extract before analyze but in ceph a lot of ceph values were anormal. She said u are looking normal because of your face fat and added soft tissue cant predict %100 especially lower lip.  and plus i notice my hair loss at this months getting ultra depressed and cant decide with healty mind.

TMKA

If u are old member of forum u probably remember me. let me summarize shortly my story, at 2015 oct i was braces free and irealize nothing fixed. my jaw my teeths still bad. idid a little search andsend photos ortho and forums they say surgery will fix my problems. then i go orthos and refused from alls. they said im normal or need genio only. But one of orthos understand me and take a ceph and analyze it. She said 4 extract before analyze but in ceph a lot of ceph values were anormal. She said u are looking normal because of your face fat and added soft tissue cant predict %100 especially lower lip.  and plus i notice my hair loss at this months getting ultra depressed and cant decide with healty mind.

Try not to get depressed about it, things could be a lot worse. I thought about it for over 15 years before I decided to get the surgery. You're young and you have plenty of time to find a good ortho and surgeon. Just be patience, and try to find the best in your area. I chose to drive over 30 miles for my orthodontist and past probably 50 others because he was the best, and I am very happy with my results. Keep your spirits up, and just keep looking until you find someone to help you.