Author Topic: THIS s**t FOR CHEEKBONES LOOKS TIGHT!  (Read 5540 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: THIS s**t FOR CHEEKBONES LOOKS TIGHT!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »
In theory, they seem like an awesome solution. However, somebody asked Dr. Barry Eppley what he thinks of them, and his explanation of the limiting factors would explain why plastic surgeons aren't already using them and why they probably won't be viable for cosmetic surgery(augmentation).

You can read his full explanation here http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/custom-skull-implant-2

tldr: The patient asks if the CT implants are useful for augmenting the lower back part of his skull, but Dr. Eppley argues that the CT-bone implants are hard yet brittle, and would require big incisions to get them in. He also says something about the edges of the implants, that the edges of them can't made soft, smooth, feathered because of how brittle the calcium is, and that this will result in a palpable step off between the implant and the skull.

I don't know. I hope Eppley is wrong, although his explanation makes sense.

Can a doctor insert a hard, foreign object into the face without leaving a massive scar? Remember the object is also brittle, so pushing it in through a tiny hole probably will break it(?).

I'm sorry I don't see how any of this relates to the implants being used on the jawline or cheekbone per-se and what makes their shape (they're custom made after all) etc. a limiting factor for implantation in those areas. None of us are augmenting our f**king skulls here and the pics from Xilloc show the implant being used for jawline and cheekbone onlay augmentation. Eppley is full of s**t.

UnderMunch

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
I guess you're right: a big part of his job is working with companies that produce traditional implants, and for him to consider other options would probably burn a couple of bridges.

I certainly hope he's wrong, as these kinds of implants would effectively be a small revolution in plastic surgery, even if they turn out to be incredibly expensive to produce.

UnderMunch

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »
I still don't completely understand why progress seems so slow, other than Xilloc facing some issues with getting these implants approved under European regulations.

If they are safe and effective, we should see them being used by doctors very soon.

mike888miller

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
sorry but fat cannot at all be sculptured. also you cannot not at all predict how much and where it will survive. fat works when you have biggish areas to fill out, where there is alrready a good amount of fat and you are just filling it up, ie topping it off. i used to think like you and went to see the formost experts in the world, these guys do 100s of these a week, and the told exactly that. 

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 10:25:38 AM »
sorry but fat cannot at all be sculptured. also you cannot not at all predict how much and where it will survive. fat works when you have biggish areas to fill out, where there is alrready a good amount of fat and you are just filling it up, ie topping it off. i used to think like you and went to see the formost experts in the world, these guys do 100s of these a week, and the told exactly that.

Can you name or PM the foremost experts?

mike888miller

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »
the guy that told me this was the founding doctor at

http://en.regenglobal.net/nfront/

this place is probably the biggest plas surgery hospital in korea, it looks like a cross of barneys with west world.

in his office he had hundreds of pics with famous k and j pop stars, both dudes and chics. he does fat injections all day long, and they have perfected the procedure in order to maximise survival, stem cells, etc.

he told me the most important success factors are your youth, ie dont be older than 35, you should not be below 20 percent body fat so that he can get enough doner material. he said for guys it can be done, but expect to go there 3 to 4 times until it looks good, and again you must have the scafholding already.