Author Topic: 3 months post op something wrong? Please help  (Read 1492 times)

Kth2955

3 months post op something wrong? Please help
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:56:02 PM »
Hi! I am a little over 3 months post op and I've been really happy with the results so far and the recovery has been so smooth I barely even think about the fact that I've had the surgery. Because of that, I don't really check the stitches often. Tonight I checked them and noticed there was something wrong with one side of my mouth. This sounds so odd but it looks like something is underneath the stitches pushing my gums up?? And when I feel it, it feels like there's a bone or something that connects to that spot and runs toward the back of my mouth. The other side doesn't feel like this at all! It's hard to explain. Also before I noticed this I was having tiny little pains it the abnormal side of my jaw, I didn't think much of it until now. I am kind of freaking out what is this?? I'm off at college currently so my family and surgeon are hours away. I won't even be able to reach their office for another 2 days and I'm really worried. Does anyone know what this is?? Please help and please respond quickly. Thank you
Sorry I'm a bit frantic, I had lower jaw surgery.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:11:37 AM by Kth2955 »

Vic

Re: 3 months post op something wrong? Please help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:49 AM »
You've not even said what operation you had done?

Bobbit

Re: 3 months post op something wrong? Please help
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 06:44:39 PM »
Hi! I am a little over 3 months post op and I've been really happy with the results so far and the recovery has been so smooth I barely even think about the fact that I've had the surgery. Because of that, I don't really check the stitches often. Tonight I checked them and noticed there was something wrong with one side of my mouth. This sounds so odd but it looks like something is underneath the stitches pushing my gums up?? And when I feel it, it feels like there's a bone or something that connects to that spot and runs toward the back of my mouth. The other side doesn't feel like this at all! It's hard to explain. Also before I noticed this I was having tiny little pains it the abnormal side of my jaw, I didn't think much of it until now. I am kind of freaking out what is this?? I'm off at college currently so my family and surgeon are hours away. I won't even be able to reach their office for another 2 days and I'm really worried. Does anyone know what this is?? Please help and please respond quickly. Thank you
Sorry I'm a bit frantic, I had lower jaw surgery.

Maybe a "spitting stitch" ???