Author Topic: Is this a full ante face? (scan)  (Read 7359 times)

protruder

Is this a full ante face? (scan)
« on: September 21, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
I got my MMA (bimax advancement) surgery more than a year ago for sleep apnea. My sleep apnea is gone, but im not pleased with the aesthetic results. I don't recognize myself and I believe the surgeon advanced too much both my maxilla and my jaw (I don't know how many millimeters). I also feel he impacted too much my maxilla so that its protruding upward and outward and my teeth show too much. This situation has me very depressed. I didn't expect this much change in my face nor that I would not be pleased with the aesthetic result. I expected just a minor change and for the better. Not a huge change for the worse.

For now all I got is this scan, Ill upload a picture once I get the post op pictures from my surgeon. Is this what you guys call a full ante face? Would you say it my jaw and maxilla protrude too much upward and outward?

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:31:44 PM by protruder »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Is this a chipmunk face? (scan)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
are you f**king retarded how can anyone tell anything from an x-ray? chipmunk face can only be diagnosed when we see soft tissue. Also it can hot af on a chick.

protruder

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:04:31 AM »
hahah ok forget about the chipmunk face then. What I meant is that I feel my maxilla and jaw protrude too much upward and outward. You can see that with the xray, right?

Im a guy btw

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
hahah ok forget about the chipmunk face then. What I meant is that I feel my maxilla and jaw protrude too much upward and outward. You can see that with the xray, right?

Im a guy btw

it does look like the angle between the base of your nose and your upper lip is a bit too acute. do you think you look weird?

protruder

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
I do think I look weird, yes. Would it be possible to move the maxilla and the jaw a couple mm backwards to make my face look normal without compromising my airway? Im considering going again trough the hell of this surgery to fix this... Is a bone graft or fake bone necessary to move the maxilla backwards?

Thanks

mynameis

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »
I don't think bone graft is needed to move maxilla backwards. Cannot tell anything about your aesthetics/looks from an x-ray.

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:54 PM »
This appears to be an 'ante face', right?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
Did they remove your anterior nasal spine?

protruder

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »
Did they remove your anterior nasal spine?

I broke my nose playing sports before the surgery, so I asked the surgeon to put my nasal spine straight so I could breath properly. IDK what he did but its like if he removed it. My nose looks completely flat now, add to that the ante face (with the maxilla and jaw protruding towards my nose) and I look very weird. I don't look bad, since I seem to be attractive to a lot of women, but I look completely different than I used to, and in my opinion I look weird. The nose thing is what it is, I can't help it, but im considering fixing the maxilla and jaw because the surgeon moved too much forward to open the airway as much as possible, not taking into account the aesthetic result.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 07:39:40 PM »
I broke my nose playing sports before the surgery, so I asked the surgeon to put my nasal spine straight so I could breath properly. IDK what he did but its like if he removed it. My nose looks completely flat now, add to that the ante face (with the maxilla and jaw protruding towards my nose) and I look very weird. I don't look bad, since I seem to be attractive to a lot of women, but I look completely different than I used to, and in my opinion I look weird. The nose thing is what it is, I can't help it, but im considering fixing the maxilla and jaw because the surgeon moved too much forward to open the airway as much as possible, not taking into account the aesthetic result.
Your nose tip looks so down. That's why I asked. Typically it is raised by advancement.
I had my maxilla advanced to fix a class iii and my lip is completely vertical.  IMO that's worse.

protruder

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 07:50:28 PM »
Your nose tip looks so down. That's why I asked. Typically it is raised by advancement.
I had my maxilla advanced to fix a class iii and my lip is completely vertical.  IMO that's worse.

What do you mean with you lip being vertical? Your maxilla was advanced too much? Are you considering fixing it?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 08:01:11 PM »
What do you mean with you lip being vertical? Your maxilla was advanced too much? Are you considering fixing it?
One surgeon said it was over advanced, another  said that I should have had a CCW rotation as well which would mean advancing the lower as well as differentially downgrafting my maxilla. idk who's right. my jaws look quite forward of my forehea and my mandible is rather steep.
I have massive nerve damage from my surgery and my bite is solid. So i don't know about a revision.

protruder

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I can't really picture your situation. Im not very familiar with CCW rotation, but I think I had that done on me to open my airway even more. Sorry about your nerve damage PloskoPlus. Does it make it difficult to speak, eat...

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I can't really picture your situation. Im not very familiar with CCW rotation, but I think I had that done on me to open my airway even more. Sorry about your nerve damage PloskoPlus. Does it make it difficult to speak, eat...
It's numbness in the upper lip. Everytime it's different. The lip feels stiff and rubbery in general. Sometimes it burns, sometimes it feels like a big bruise. Somtimes  it feels like paper. Sometimes it feels like I've been punched. Moving the lip  brings on the paresthesia. Smiling and talking the worst.

slidinggenio

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 05:57:39 AM »
wouldn't worry about it. looks masculine as fk in my opinon.

there is some actor I know that has that look. massive brow and nose almost touching his lips. Looks like a testerone molecule in human form.