Author Topic: 3 years after having jaw surgery and I still hate it.  (Read 5560 times)

ravestars

3 years after having jaw surgery and I still hate it.
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »
I had double jaw surgery 3 years ago since I had an asymmetrical jaw, right before I turned 18 and have had braces ever since I was 14, I'm 20 years old now. As I was healing, I noticed that my face looked slightly lopsided but I put that off as just swelling and was sure that my face would even out as time progressed. Three years later, and my jaw still looks wonky. I'm not sure whether the surgeon messed up, or it's just how it healed but I really don't know what to do about it because I hate it. People keep telling me that they don't notice it, but when I pull up the pictures, they do even though they try to partially deny it to make me feel better. Should I consider another jaw surgery? I have attached a picture below that shows the unevenness of my jaw, and how wonky it looks. From my profile, both sides look very different to me as well and when I feel along my jaw it's as if a chunk is missing from my right side!

I also wanted to add, that prior to my jaw surgery, even though my jaw was asymmetrical, it was more slender and pointer rather than how wide and squarish it looks now. This surgery also made my nose look a lot wider as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

UKMaxfac

Re: 3 years after having jaw surgery and I still hate it.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:02:07 PM »
Looks good to me

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 06:56:13 PM »
I see what your talking about but you had to point it out - I saw the thumbnail and thought you're hot af.  This doesn't look like a deviation out of the 'norm', which is also to say that no one would see it until you point it out.  Like this problem only amounts to anything in your head, no one elses, and probably won't up your attractiveness by any appreciable amount to fix.  No one's face is perfectly symmetrical, but only the critical individual may ever notice that enough about their own face, let alone in others.  I dono maybe your jaw is canted? Since your so disturbed by it, maybe get an icat scan that shows your bones (not an x-ray, stronger than that that creates a 3d bone model) and see what's causing it.  Pretty amazing to me how you'd consider another jaw surgery after going through bimax and knowing what that's like.  Sounds like it went smoothly enough for this to be your biggest concern. Sorry but hope you were looking for straight talk here.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »
i think surgery went well and you have mandible angle/body asymmetry ...

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 12:49:00 AM »
great candidate for chin wing

mynameis

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »
From your picture there, you look sexy. You have an attractive face.

I can see the things you pointed out when I look closer, but its not a big deal, I wasn't any less attracted to you.

If you wanted complete symmetry and perfection you could, as stupidjaws mentioned, look into the chin wing, but definitely would not recommend thinking about full jaw surgery again.

RedTree

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 12:27:31 PM »
I can see what you're talking about...only because mine looks somewhat similar from a genioplasty that I had done about 4 years ago. Did you ever have a follow up with your original surgeon? I would do that first, just to make sure that nothing moved, etc. The reason that I suggest going back to the original surgeon is that they know their work and they will have a better idea of what's going on. My guess is that it's just a slight asymmetry with how everything healed rather than an actual issue. That being said, the fact that it bothers you so much that you are actually thinking about getting more surgery, make sure you figure out all your options. You may be able to just get a filler there that you would be really happy with.

CCW

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
Unfortunately asymmetry is hard to correct. It's more like you can improve it and make it less obvious, but often some asymmetry remains even after jaw surgery. Yours isn't very noticeable at all, and I wouldn't have paid any attention to it if you haven't mentioned it. You look good, and you shouldn't worry about it.

kjohnt

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
Just now seeing this.  Your chin button can be shaved slightly on your right side to even that part of it, but otherwise, you are in your own head about something I personally see based on this photo as extremely minor.  You look good.  Nobody is perfectly symmetrical.

kjohnt

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 03:12:30 PM »
Just now seeing this.  Your chin button can be shaved slightly on your right side to even that part of it, but otherwise, you are in your own head about something I personally see based on this photo as extremely minor.  You look good.  Nobody is perfectly symmetrical.

I also wanted to add, that prior to my jaw surgery, even though my jaw was asymmetrical, it was more slender and pointer rather than how wide and squarish it looks now. This surgery also made my nose look a lot wider as well.

More slender and pointier would make you look less attractive.  many women don't seem to understand this.  Your nose looks normal.

tjarrr

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »
Hm, I don't think the jawline itself is asymmetrical, it just looks that way because your cheekbones are asymmetrical so your face meets your jaw at different angles on both sides.

ditterbo

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
Guys she's been off this forum since Nov 3.  I don't think she's reading these responses anymore

justme

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »
Your left side appears a bit slimmer. Maybe a filler could help?  But then your face might look rounder...