Author Topic: Allofill  (Read 3357 times)

Lestat

Allofill
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biologica-technologies-launches-allofill-injectable-adipose-filler-at-the-annual-gathering-for-the-american-society-of-plastic-surgeons-asps-300333158.html

"Allofill is the first product of its kind; a ready to use, 'off the shelf', adipose-derived injectable filler that works with the body to provide an all-natural tissue scaffold with native growth factors.  Allofill retains the native extracellular matrix (ECM) components of allograft-derived adipose tissue and over time will be remodeled into a patient's own soft tissue."

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Allofill
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biologica-technologies-launches-allofill-injectable-adipose-filler-at-the-annual-gathering-for-the-american-society-of-plastic-surgeons-asps-300333158.html

"Allofill is the first product of its kind; a ready to use, 'off the shelf', adipose-derived injectable filler that works with the body to provide an all-natural tissue scaffold with native growth factors.  Allofill retains the native extracellular matrix (ECM) components of allograft-derived adipose tissue and over time will be remodeled into a patient's own soft tissue."

I have a ton of uneveness and loss of tissue from injuries on my face, could this be used as permanent filler? Or to model the face into more desired shapes? What do you think Lestat? Others please weigh in this sounds amazing!

strongjawman

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
I wonder how this stuff responds to weight gain? I'd imagine like a regular filler? Autologous fat grafts put me off due to the hypertrophic nature of abdominal fat compared to existing facial fat.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »
I've been reading up more on this allofil stuff. it's friggin amazing and available now. I would just call upon a good injector to do the procedure, but what a perfect rounding off after a modified lefort 3 to top off with this injectiable filler. great stuff.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
I've been reading up more on this allofil stuff. it's friggin amazing and available now. I would just call upon a good injector to do the procedure, but what a perfect rounding off after a modified lefort 3 to top off with this injectiable filler. great stuff.

someone needs to contact this company, retention rate i saw was 60 percent and that remains steady, better than your own fat or temporary fillers. You could really do a lot to remodel your face with this. I'm going osteotomy + HA +Allofill for ridiculously impressive cheekbones.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:27 PM »
someone needs to contact this company, retention rate i saw was 60 percent and that remains steady, better than your own fat or temporary fillers.

I have contacted the company 2 days ago. No response till now.

My question on realself has been published.
I am waiting for response.
https://www.realself.com/question/york-nj-allofill-replace-fat-transfer?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=user.author.question&utm_source=Sailthru&rsuid=2959377

Lazlo i hope you are right. This stuff seems amazing! :D

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »
retention rate i saw was 60 percent and that remains steady

That is true it could only be surgically removed.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
That is true it could only be surgically removed.

woot! woot!

jusken

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 07:41:57 PM »
Hm sounds pretty good. I hope this is a lot better than Artefill and their ilk.  I'm sure once the volume has stabilized it will grow and shrink just like native fat?  This is important to a natural result of course.

I think once something like this can also be precisely revised in case of a complication, soft tissue volume enhancements will become routine.  I think this is even more important than predictability at this point as you can always add more.

I also wonder if, like fat grafting, the retention rates are lower in areas where there is less fat.   This would be another potential upside if it can be used in areas where fat isn't a great option.  Not having to have fat surgically harvested is already a huge perk though.

Lestat

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »

tjarrr

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »
News regarding Allofill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYZ_nKvB9r4

oh, it stimulates growth of *fat cells*, not soft tissue in general (fat is a type of soft tissue but the soft tissue we talk about on this forum includes everything -- fascia, muscle, connective tissue, etc). So this doesn't seem to differ at all from just doing a fat transfer. Like someone said above, fat cells increase in size over time -- or is that just fat cells from the abdomen? Either way, I can't imagine this will provide the same cosmetic effect that current fillers and implants do. It'd give you a really soft look, rather than one of good bone structure.