Author Topic: 8 mm maxilla + 16 mm jaw + CCW  (Read 9261 times)

protruder

8 mm maxilla + 16 mm jaw + CCW
« on: September 27, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
My maxilla was moved 8 mm forward, my jaw 16 mm forward, all with a CCW movement. now I feel everything protrudes too much. My problem was sleep apnea, which now is gone, but now I'm not pleased with my aesthetic result.

Are those movements common? I haven't seen anyone here with those numbers, they sound huge to me.

If I decide to move back everything in a revision a couple of mm in order to look normal (more like my old self), would that compromise my airway?

ditterbo

Re: 8 mm maxilla + 16 mm jaw + CCW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
How long ago was surgery?  Were teeth extracted beforehand?

protruder

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »
Surgery was more than a year ago. Wisdom teeth removed 3 months pre-op.

ptc

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 01:28:37 PM »
Post some pictures so that we can see what you look like. Then we can let you know if anything is wrong. You can always mask your eyes if you are worried about being recognised. You might be worrying about nothing. We'll tell you if you look good, then you can put your mind to rest.

protruder

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »
I don't really want to show my pics, just want to know if those numbers are huge.

And if I would need bone grafting to recess my maxilla or not.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
My maxilla was moved 8 mm forward, my jaw 16 mm forward, all with a CCW movement. now I feel everything protrudes too much. My problem was sleep apnea, which now is gone, but now I'm not pleased with my aesthetic result.

Are those movements common? I haven't seen anyone here with those numbers, they sound huge to me.

If I decide to move back everything in a revision a couple of mm in order to look normal (more like my old self), would that compromise my airway?

yeah those numbers are huge. who were your surgeons???

protruder

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:39 PM »
My surgeon is in Europe. I don't want to say his name yet because im not happy with the aesthetic result and I might get a revision.

I think he advanced everything too much, he wanted to cure my sleep apnea but didn't take aesthetics into account. Some of you guys always say that you would like to have had more advancement and that you wished your jaw protruded more, but I don't think it looks good, at least in my case.

ptc

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 03:33:43 AM »
My surgeon is in Europe. I don't want to say his name yet because im not happy with the aesthetic result and I might get a revision.

I think he advanced everything too much, he wanted to cure my sleep apnea but didn't take aesthetics into account. Some of you guys always say that you would like to have had more advancement and that you wished your jaw protruded more, but I don't think it looks good, at least in my case.

You said that women like your face now, so what's the problem? Come on, post a picture and we'll give you a straight answer.

protruder

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 05:57:04 AM »
The problem is that I, MYSELF don't like it.

My chin protrudes past the tip of my nose now.

kjohnt

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:27:01 PM »
1) Strong username to post content

2) I agree that you should post profile picture.  I can't count the number of cases I've now read in which the patents are unhappy with good aesthetic outcomes due to distorted perceptions of how their faces should ideally appear.  External evaluation is needed.

3) Yes those are relatively large advancements

4) You'd generally only need grafting to fill in large boney gaps, e.g. as when your mandible was advanced 16 mm I guarantee some cadaver bone or other material was used.  For setback, it would be bone on bone contact post op and would not necessitate any grafting so far as I'm aware.  Probably removal of some previous graft material, in fact.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »

That actually might be very attractive and you don't realize it. PM me confidential pics for a full facial analysis and advice on what you could have done/change.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »

The problem is your nose, not your jaws.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:45 AM »
those are significant advancements but not enormous. probably bit above average. not sure why people are saying otherwise.

buzzhead

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »
My movements were maxilla 9mm and mandible 14mm, but with CW rotation with 5mm downgrafting.  I could see at first the change but after a year I have become accustomed to my new face and cant even envision my old alignment.  My family still comments on the change though.  In a good way.  Just give yourself time.  I do have some minor numbness in my right lower lip and would be concerned with more serious damage to do any kind of revision.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »
it's actually good to have your jaws further out than your nose. look at jason statham. stop being such a p*ssy.