Author Topic: 8 mm maxilla + 16 mm jaw + CCW  (Read 9316 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: 8 mm maxilla + 16 mm jaw + CCW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 04:02:28 PM »
The first rule of jaw surgery:
If you like your face and don't have functional problems, don't have jaw surgery.

protruder

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »
The first rule of jaw surgery:
If you like your face and don't have functional problems, don't have jaw surgery.

I had sleep apnea.

protruder

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »
it's actually good to have your jaws further out than your nose. look at jason statham. stop being such a p*ssy.

1. Jason Statham's jaws are not further out than his nose. My jaws protrude more than his.

2. How am I being a p*ssy?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
1. Jason Statham's jaws are not further out than his nose. My jaws protrude more than his.

2. How am I being a p*ssy?

1. Okay, fine.

2. You had a successful surgery with a result most people would die for without it sounds much if any complications. Congrats. Your family and friends say you look better. Hence, what the f**k are you whining about? It's always a bit strange after any surgery and you second guess the change. But you'll get used to it. You can't undo it, well maybe you can but at your peril.

ptc

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:10 AM »
1. Okay, fine.

2. You had a successful surgery with a result most people would die for without it sounds much if any complications. Congrats. Your family and friends say you look better. Hence, what the f**k are you whining about? It's always a bit strange after any surgery and you second guess the change. But you'll get used to it. You can't undo it, well maybe you can but at your peril.

Lazlo, do you think this guy is trolling? He keeps going on about how women find him attractive, and how he has 'Brad Pitt's jaw' etc. He's going on and on about the amazing improvement he's had and yet refuses to show us any photographic proof of this. Why is that? It makes no sense when he's already stated that he doesn't mind if his surgeon puts photos up. This is all one big troll. If you're real protruder then show us some proof, and stop this bulls**t complaining about getting the kind of result others only dream of.

protruder

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 10:00:41 AM »
Lazlo, do you think this guy is trolling? He keeps going on about how women find him attractive, and how he has 'Brad Pitt's jaw' etc. He's going on and on about the amazing improvement he's had and yet refuses to show us any photographic proof of this. Why is that? It makes no sense when he's already stated that he doesn't mind if his surgeon puts photos up. This is all one big troll. If you're real protruder then show us some proof, and stop this bulls**t complaining about getting the kind of result others only dream of.

Who the fook is this guy?

When did I say that my jaw looks like Brad Pitt's? That's what my surgeon says and its obviously bulls**t.

I've also never said that I had an amazing improvement. I only had an improvement in my sleep apnea. In my opinion, my looks have not improved, nor do my friends or family think that. And I look very different than before, that bothers me. What I did say is that women that I didn't know before surgery do find me attractive now and that surprises me, because I feel like I look like a f**king horse.

Do you dream about having your jaws protruding further than your nose? Only prognathic people have that. It is not the ideal positioning of the jaw.

I don't want to post my picture online. You can post yours.

protruder

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 12:55:55 PM »
You can't judge aesthetics by this black and white 'His/her jaws are further forward than nose that means they are attractive'..

Some people have recessed mandibles and are more attractive than those with an ante face - there are NO hard rules for facial aesthetics. Case in point - I had a rhinoplasty and though my nose is straighter, it messed up my facial harmony...

If women are attracted to you, you won... game over.

Well that was not my intention with jaw surgery, I had no problems in that aspect before surgery either.

I just wanted to fix my apnea, and thought I would stay looking pretty much the same, but I look completely different and feel I lost the me. People don't recognize me.

But yeah women find me attractive, that's what most of you guys only care about. If you though that having surgery to put your nose on your forehead would make you more attractive you'd do it in a heartbeat, right?

Nobody seems to understand what im going through after this surgery... I don't look bad, but its not my face.

ascolta

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »
I think you can definitely bring both jaws backwards a bit if you're that unsatisfied about the result -- that shouldn't involve much ortho prep work. It is another major surgery though with possible complications, more so because it would be a revision. But plenty of people have had revision jaw surgery. It might also be possible to reposition just your chin back with a sliding genioplasty. Just something like 3mm could make a big difference and probably wouldn't negatively affect the appearance of your mentolabial fold. You should get an experienced surgeon's take on this. 

What surprises me is you said you got compared to Robert Pattinson before the surgery. Well he has a very pronounced jawline and forwardly grown face, right? I'm getting a little bit more advancement than you had done but my jaws are very recessed, and it sounds like yours weren't. It's unfortunate you had sleep apnea that necessitated such drastic surgery even though your jaws looked normal, to your eyes at least. Did you have any of the other risk factors (high BMI, large neck circumference)?

protruder

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »
Im not sure about revision. I visited another surgeon and he agreed that I was over advanced but he wouldn't bother with surgery again because of possible complications, and said that it would only be bringing back the jaws a couple mm so he thinks its not worth it.

Several people used to tell me I looked like Robert Pattinson, but my lower jaw was definitely recessed and I had a class 2 malocclusion. My jaws definitely didn't look like his. I guess it was more about the eyes, hair, nose, skin color...

My BMI is low, im skinny and have a normal neck. Just my jaw was recessed and my airway was too small.

ascolta

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »
I see. This definitely sounds like a case of the mind's eye not keeping up with the physical change. You probably have a very wrong idea in your head of what you used to look like and what you look like now. All we see is a distorted image of ourselves in the mirror while other people view us in 3D, from many angles, and in motion. So you're ironically not the best judge of how you look. If you posted pictures we could provide some input. But from what you've said, it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

Also, you probably have forward head posture, which develops as a mechanism to compensate for a small airway. From my understanding jaw surgery doesn't automatically fix head posture so you'd have to work on that. I'm almost certain your chin doesn't protrude past your nose and that it only looks that way because your posture is bad.

protruder

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 06:03:09 AM »
I see. This definitely sounds like a case of the mind's eye not keeping up with the physical change. You probably have a very wrong idea in your head of what you used to look like and what you look like now. All we see is a distorted image of ourselves in the mirror while other people view us in 3D, from many angles, and in motion. So you're ironically not the best judge of how you look. If you posted pictures we could provide some input. But from what you've said, it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

Also, you probably have forward head posture, which develops as a mechanism to compensate for a small airway. From my understanding jaw surgery doesn't automatically fix head posture so you'd have to work on that. I'm almost certain your chin doesn't protrude past your nose and that it only looks that way because your posture is bad.

I do have forward head posture from being a mouth breather my whole childhood. How can I fix that?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »
I think your problem is the ANS being removed - collapsed nose and bad upper lip angle being the result.  There are textbook cases that look just like that.

protruder

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »
I think your problem is the ANS being removed - collapsed nose and bad upper lip angle being the result.  There are textbook cases that look just like that.

Can you show an example?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 06:10:59 AM »

protruder

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/3I5fD

Why does that happen? I mean, why would they remove my ANS? Is it fixable?