Author Topic: Anybody else sometimes wonder, what’s the point of all this?  (Read 6250 times)

ForeverAloneDude

Re: Anybody else sometimes wonder, what’s the point of all this?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
im in my early 20s, male.

for me part of it is wondering if i can ever get an attractive face, but another part comes down to the idea of having to get all this done (potentially sarpe, braces, double jaw, maybe even some modified version of a lf3 , chin wing and zso OR implants if we ever get a better alternative to medpor or silicone but thats a diff topic) just to, best case scenario, look no better than i already did in the past. and all the lost time, risk involved, and heavy cost associated with it as well.

its about wanting my face back and my life back at the end of the day, and the sad issue of likely always wondering what if/what could should would have been.

that being said at the risk of sounding narcissistic i think my case is rather unique , and while im aware surely others r in the same boat, ive yet to personally come across another like me, online or in the real world (had a prematurely extracted tooth in my upper arch, as a result the space closed, my canine [adult] came in fully impacted , and took away enough palatal real estate that my tongue dropped... if u support the idea of oral posture directing craniofacial growth , u will know this was the cause of my dentofacial deformities). i came here to try and strictly talk about surgeries sick im tired of discussing the social landscape but this is emotional section after all and i have yet to get current cephs and make a thread regarding surgical advice and delve into all that but its on the way.

certainly makes me sad to say the least when i look at old pictures, both frontal and profile, and current ones, as well as consider how ppl of both genders used to treat me vs how they treat me now =/

Yeah people treat others based off how they look. Being good looking is probably the best asset someone can have up to their 40s.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »

I don't know where the lie of "looks don't matter as a guy" comes from.

SKV2

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 03:12:14 PM »
Yeah people treat others based off how they look. Being good looking is probably the best asset someone can have up to their 40s.

they certainly do lol, and i agree, sans some sort of x factor like cancer , or legitimate poverty, ones appearance is their greatest asset, mainly their face.

the disparity between how i was treated during childhood and up to pre teen yrs vs now , and my face then and now, is so huge its crazy. hell, it was striking enough to induce a speech impediment . these days more than anything i just obsess over my canine and wonder why i wasnt taken to an ortho when i needed to be.

i recall with my old face women making advances on me and people coming to me from a social standpoint, and then after it got wrecked people sort of recoiling at me, lmao.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 01:22:21 PM »
they certainly do lol, and i agree, sans some sort of x factor like cancer , or legitimate poverty, ones appearance is their greatest asset, mainly their face.

the disparity between how i was treated during childhood and up to pre teen yrs vs now , and my face then and now, is so huge its crazy. hell, it was striking enough to induce a speech impediment . these days more than anything i just obsess over my canine and wonder why i wasnt taken to an ortho when i needed to be.

i recall with my old face women making advances on me and people coming to me from a social standpoint, and then after it got wrecked people sort of recoiling at me, lmao.

Yep its crazy. And sadly, I think even for some people who are born in the late 90s even, its mostly over when it comes to beauty. The technology won't be there for quite a while. We can "hope" all we want, but its not going to improve.