Author Topic: What would be the optimal chin projection for my face?  (Read 1485 times)

Qwerty98765

What would be the optimal chin projection for my face?
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:48:30 AM »
I am getting sliding genioplasty and rhinoplasty (dorsal hump and tip refinement) to improve my profile.

What would be the ideal chin projection in order to achieve a balanced overall appearance? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if possible I would love to add some height to my chin. I will speak to my surgeon again next week, but in the mean time, I would love to hear your advice as to how much would be an ideal height increase for me?

Notes:
Orthodontic work has been completed.
I am not interested in jaw surgery or chin implant.
I have some jaw asymmetry - my chin points to the left.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

ptc

Re: What would be the optimal chin projection for my face?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »
I don't think you need a height increase, that might look bad. I think you need about a 1 cm advancement. You can get a double cut genio, where they do a big advancement, but there is no step-off because two cuts are made to the chin. Ask you maxfac surgeon about it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
honestly, i think you need a facelift cause your facial skin seems to really sag and you have very deep nasolabial folds and scowl lines which make you look a bit scary/witchlike.

Definitely reconsider jaw surgery, I don't think just a genioplasty will do it. But go for as much advancement as possible and then find a craniofacial surgeon who can feminize your face a bit and anti-aging procedures like full facelift and neck lift.

needadvancement

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »
You are a perfect candidate for SG.  Your chin should be in line with your lower lip, I do not know how many mm that is for you but it would improve your profile quite a bit.

ptc

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
honestly, i think you need a facelift cause your facial skin seems to really sag and you have very deep nasolabial folds and scowl lines which make you look a bit scary/witchlike.

Definitely reconsider jaw surgery, I don't think just a genioplasty will do it. But go for as much advancement as possible and then find a craniofacial surgeon who can feminize your face a bit and anti-aging procedures like full facelift and neck lift.

Her face isn't bad looking, she just needs a chin. You're a harsh critic.