Author Topic: Jaw Surgery & Now a Lumpectomy - ugh  (Read 2471 times)

DolphinBite

Jaw Surgery & Now a Lumpectomy - ugh
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »
Hey all -

Well, it's obviously time for me to learn lessons in patience and letting go - 1 day after I had my jaw surgery I got a call from my doctor saying that they were worried about my mammogram. It's been 3 weeks and I've had 2 mammograms, an ultrasound, and a biopsy. Next week, I go in for a lumpectomy. They don't think I have breast cancer, but they have to take the lump out to be 100% sure. I'm really scared.

I know this is a jaw surgery forum, but a lot of you have become virtual friends and I thought you would want to know. Here's the blog post that explains it all:

http://www.happygoplucky.com/my-blog/2012/06/the-unplanned-surgery-a-lump-in-my-breast.html

Sending love -
B

Kristen

• Private
Re: Jaw Surgery & Now a Lumpectomy - ugh
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
Sending love your way

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »
Dolphin,
Good luck tomorrow and heal quickly! The unknown is scary, I know, and you have already been through a lot, but it's better to be certain that it's just a simple fibroadenoma. Please keep us posted.

DolphinBite

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:26 AM »
Thanks everybody. The appointment with the breast doctor went really well this morning. Got all my questions answered - for me the 'not knowing' is the worst part, so if I can get any information at all, it's helpful.

Can't tell you what all of your kind messages have meant to me. I never dreamed when I joined the Jaw Surgery Forum months ago that I would be getting support for an entirely different surgery. Hugs and love to you all!

xo -
B