Author Topic: seeing dr eppley for forehead augmentation  (Read 7312 times)

earl25

seeing dr eppley for forehead augmentation
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
im pursuing forehead augmentation and supra orbital rim.

i have a cone curved in head that slopes backwards.

im trying to avoid a coronal incision but might have to get one.

one option im considering is hydroxapatite paste to the brown brone then fat to the upper forehead. i will see what eppley says

Wheatsnax

Re: seeing dr eppley for forehead augmentation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »
did the modified LF3 make your brow area/upper orbitals look weaker?

sculpt

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »

wait ,you actually had a LF3? how did you convince the surgeon? as far as I know LF3 will not be performed ever, under any circumstances, for aesthetic purposes

that surgery is nuts. can you post some before and after pics? I wonder how much aesthetics can improve with that.

thereishope

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
wait ,you actually had a LF3? how did you convince the surgeon? as far as I know LF3 will not be performed ever, under any circumstances, for aesthetic purposes

that surgery is nuts. can you post some before and after pics? I wonder how much aesthetics can improve with that.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=3933.0

earl25

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 05:34:50 PM »

i dont think so

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 05:46:14 PM »
coronal incision sounds like a terrible idea, especially if your hair isn't super thick.

earl25

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »
coronal incision sounds like a terrible idea, especially if your hair isn't super thick.

yeah my hair isnt super thick. i will likely have to go avoid a coronal and just go with the trade off of less augmentation

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 08:35:19 AM »
The supraorbital rim, you mean the brow bone?

That's an invasive surgery and a large implant in exchange for minor aesthetic gain imo. Now if you legitimately have a weak brow then it can look impressive but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Also read some people had it removed over at realself.

earl25

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 05:09:22 AM »
did they have a silicone implant or HA paste?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 06:16:41 AM »
did they have a silicone implant or HA paste?

An implant idk what material. Regardless those are a few anecdotes online, make your decision after seeing Eppley.

earl25

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »
I am referring to my brow upper orbital rim. its very weak. my forehead is as well and slopes back.

im seeing eppley,oscar ramirez, dr anthony wolfe and dr sinn.

options range from silicone implant  to fat to hydroxyapatite. When I saw kornstein he said my whole forehead is recessed and gives me the overall recessed face look regardless of whatever surgeries i had already. kornstein was adamant my forehead is the missing ket. via email consul eppley detailed a bunch of things wrong with my forehead

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »
Earl - there are a number of things that I believe to be important in this area of facial augmentation and I was wondering whether you could raise these issues with Dr. Eppley.

The first is about extending the implant over to the top portion of the lateral orbital rim. Without this aspect, the eyes will still appear bulging because they will not be skeletally encased.
The second is about the vertical placement of the implant. A common phenotype is the high set supraorbital ridge, the most anterior-inferior point of which is set too far away from the upper eyeball. This contributes to excessive upper eyelid exposure and an 'open' supraorbital area. It would be useful to know whether a custom made implant could be placed in such a way that it extends over the inferior edge of the superior orbital rim to sit lower.
The last is the sagittal 'set' of the upper eyelids. This is where the eyelid crease is set too far back sagitally as against the eyeball which contributes to an unaesthetic upper eyelid area. Now this aspect is my own theorising, so it would be interesting to see whether it could be remedied by a supraorbital implant and whether making the upper eyelids more 'forward set' would make a difference.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »
I am referring to my brow upper orbital rim. its very weak. my forehead is as well and slopes back.

im seeing eppley,oscar ramirez, dr anthony wolfe and dr sinn.

options range from silicone implant  to fat to hydroxyapatite. When I saw kornstein he said my whole forehead is recessed and gives me the overall recessed face look regardless of whatever surgeries i had already. kornstein was adamant my forehead is the missing ket. via email consul eppley detailed a bunch of things wrong with my forehead

In that case Eppley is a good choice. He has the experience, the aesthetic eye and the will to give the patient what (s)he wants for better or worse.

If your whole forhead is recessed then I cannot see how anything less than an implant can solve that for you, aesthetically.

earl25

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »
I would not ever get an implant over the lateral superior brows. Once heard of someone that had porous polyethylene implants there. It looked off and it caused eye concerns so he had to keep going in for revision surgeries to get parts of the implant cut off. The ridges also showed through the forehead. Ultimately he went to a top craniofacial guy who said the implant could never be removed (thin skin on forehead + tissues stuck to implant).

If anything I'd look into fat injections. I know some say it will look mushy, but supposedly fat injected directly over bone looks harder.  Shiffman also wrote about that I think.  And on the superior orbital rim it would be injected directly over the bone.

Apparently fat grafts to forehead carry a legit risk of blindness because there are blood vessels that feed into the optic nerve especially in the glabella area

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »
Apparently fat grafts to forehead carry a legit risk of blindness because there are blood vessels that feed into the optic nerve especially in the glabella area

wow that is so weird.