Author Topic: ching wing enhancement  (Read 4398 times)

ppsk

ching wing enhancement
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
How much enhancement of the lower third of the face can a chin wing (or multiple) provide? Can it address problems with the mandible in all directions instead of just profile (i.e width from the front too)?

Theres precious few B/A shots of these procedures on the internet, and fewer places still in english that discuss the procedures. Most of the successful treatments ive seen involve women.

I have no problems with my bite or teeth, aside from very very slight crowding on my bottom jaw at the front. However, I feel that I have a weak jaw/chin and that addressing this would make me significantly better looking as the rest of my face is quite good IMO.

Ive investigated implants but they somehow cost even more than a chin wing does, and have all sorts of long term issues (infection, migration, bone erosion etc). Some places make the chin wing sound completely useless (Dr. Eppley seems to have a very low opinion of it, but i suspect this isnt completely sincere) other places make it sound like one of the best procedures you can get for an aesthetic impact.

Lestat

Re: ching wing enhancement
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
Dr. Eppley seems to have a very low opinion of it

what does he say?

triot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
Does Dr. Eppley have a positive opinion about anything besides his stupid ass implants? LMAO.

Well one great result I've seen was that of the user "stupidjaws". He had two wings done and looks great. You could ask him if he's willing to provide you pictures.

ppsk

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:34:15 PM »
what does he say?

http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/chin-wing-osteotomy

"A: I am very familiar with the chin wing osteotomy, having performed it numerous times. Quite frankly I think it is not a very good procedure for the problem that it is designed to treat. It is technically difficult to perform and is prone to a high rate of complications. Iy requires a long bony cut back from the chin to the jaw angles underneath the mental nerve foramen and the path of the inferior alveolar bone as it courses through the bone.
It is really an historic procedure for which there are more effective procedures today. It is far easier, has less complications and a better result is obtained using a custom made jawline implant when attempting to obtained total vertical jawline augmentation.
Dr. Barry Eppley"

Again, considering the chin wing predominantly seems to be a euro doctor dominated procedure, i do have to wonder with some of these US surgeons that they denigrate stuff that they themselves are not particularly good at, surgery being as much an art form as it is a science. That, and custom jaw implants are amazingly quite a bit more expensive than getting your bone cut and moved, for whatever reason.

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »
Thank you for your answer ppsk. Imo a chin wing osteotomy is 100 times better than jaw implants.

How much enhancement of the lower third of the face can a chin wing provide?
´

1cm max.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:33:16 PM by Lestat »

ppsk

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:12 PM »
Thank you for your answer ppsk. Imo a chin wing osteotomy is 100 times better than jaw implants.
´

1cm max.

thats from the profile, what about from the front, obviously moving the chin forward and down is going to have a subtle impact from the front too, but I'm think more along the lines of adding width to the lower third.

maybe chin wing + BSSO? i have no idea

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 04:17:17 AM »
it is a 3d enhancement, all directions, any movement. also shaving mand. body is possible, and i believe it is CRUCIAL

boyo

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
it is a 3d enhancement, all directions, any movement. also shaving mand. body is possible, and i believe it is CRUCIAL

Who in Europe can shape-shave your mandible?

ppsk

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
I've seen Dr. Zarrinbal's before and afters and was impressed with them all. He even showed me one or two that the individual wasn't happy with, and I'm in agreement with him - they looked greatly improved.

are the results in private really much better than the ones on the internet?

Lestat

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 05:47:57 AM »
Thank you Zoola you are great! 8)

I will say though, that I think some people have spent so long analysing faces and obsessing over minute details that they are perhaps seeing things that no one else sees.

That is probably true.

Lestat

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
i am intrested too. i have read that they can split it at the chin and widen it by 1cm which would provide 5mm on each jaw side and 10mm at the chin. but i want to know more

Only 5mm on each jaw side? I have heard 1cm for each jaw side. Am I wrong? Anyone knows?

Lestat

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:24 PM »
well i hope that yours is correct as i'd like 1cm each side ;D

I'm only parroting what i read here, so it could be more (and like i said, i hope it is)

Just spoke to Dr Z, who said that that maximum you can widen the jaw via chin wing at at any one time is about 6mm, but he did say that he can make it even wider to around 1cm by widening the chin which automatically widens the whole jaw, so depending on how much more millimetres you widen the chin can add to the overall jaw. He also said that it depends on the elasticity of the bone on how much you can widen the jaw, so if your bone is not that elastic then you won't get much movement

Lestat

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 05:00:47 PM »
well i hope that yours is correct as i'd like 1cm each side ;D

I'm only parroting what i read here, so it could be more (and like i said, i hope it is)

Listen. The good news is that chin wings can be repeated multiple times to build up more and more bone where you need it.