Author Topic: Repeated chin wings to widen the lower third of the face  (Read 3584 times)

Lestat

Repeated chin wings to widen the lower third of the face
« on: October 25, 2016, 05:34:47 AM »
What i need is a general jaw improvement (jaw angle, lateral width, ramus height etc).

I want a masculine jaw that is more angular and less of a U shape.

Dr. Z. says that multiple chin wings are possible, if the patient wants to pay for them. You must wait one year after the first one before having a second one.

Lets imagine you get 6 chin wings. Would you look like Jay Leno then?

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:18:33 AM by GJ »

disabledmaxilla

Re: Repeated chin wings to widen the lower third of the face
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:55:06 PM »
You'd sooner get a large custom implant for your jawline rather than have the chin wing osteotomy 6 times, if you want to go extreme.

boyo

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
I think you need to bone-shave your mandible to get angular angles combining it with repeated CW. Doing just CW is you only aggravating your own jaw structure. Shape is crucial in looking aesthetical. No one here seems to know any surgeon capable of bone-shaving though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:34:20 PM by GJ »

needadvancement

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:12:40 PM »
I think you need to bone-shave your mandible to get angular angles combining it with repeated CW. Doing just CW is you only aggravating your own potato jaw structure. Shape is crucial in looking aesthetical. No one here seems to know any surgeon capable of bone-shaving though.

Interesting point, I am looking for something similar for a sliding genioplasty in that I have in mind that they'll shave the chin bone into a square shape before advancing it. I'm no expert but I wonder why this doesn't seem to be done? I can't find any info except for cases where they shaved notches/bumps away after jaw or chin surgery. But that shows it seems to be possible.

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
Not to mention part of the jaw angle is brought forward if the chin is moved forward, which changes the shape of the angle (you can't get that straight 90 degrees angle with a chin wing if you don't have it for a start. If you do have it for a start, you can ruin it with a chin wing if the chin is  moved forward).

You can also do a chin wing without moving the chin forward.
Please take a look at the photos and the ct scan of the woman (see attachment) and tell me what do you think about it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Dr. Sinn does a chin angle surgery to improve jaw angles. It's something I might do in the future with him.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »
Dr. Sinn does a chin angle surgery to improve jaw angles. It's something I might do in the future with him.

That sounds very exciting to me! Can you please tell us more about "The Magician's" jaw angle surgery?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:47:26 PM by Lestat »

ppsk

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
not for nothing, but this is almost exactly the same question I asked in my thread and the responses were completely different

so which is it, either the CW done by a skilled surgeon is a procedure capable of making dramatic changes to the lower third, or its just an minor sliding genioplasty effect that is outperformed by implants?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
not for nothing, but this is almost exactly the same question I asked in my thread and the responses were completely different

so which is it, either the CW done by a skilled surgeon is a procedure capable of making dramatic changes to the lower third, or its just an minor sliding genioplasty effect that is outperformed by implants?

If you don't mind implants --i mean full rap around jaw angle implants then i think those will definitely outperform chin wing. I would opt for chin wing just cause I don't like foreign bodies in my head.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:50 AM »
I think you need to bone-shave your mandible to get angular angles combining it with repeated CW. Doing just CW is you only aggravating your own jaw structure. Shape is crucial in looking aesthetical. No one here seems to know any surgeon capable of bone-shaving though.

THIS. i had this done, this was CRUCIAL

triot

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 11:06:44 AM »
THIS. i had this done, this was CRUCIAL

What?! You had your bone shaved?