Author Topic: Dr Mommaerts ruined my face  (Read 15245 times)

Onyx

Re: Dr Mommaerts ruined my face
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »
I had a consultation with Mommaerts years ago, sorry what everyone has said on here is true, at best he is a functional psychopath.

Lestat

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 02:31:58 PM »
I had a consultation with Mommaerts years ago, sorry what everyone has said on here is true, at best he is a functional psychopath.

Can you please explain why do you think that he is a psychopath?

newchin

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
After a lot of healing I feel like I look a lot better thanks to Dr ion and Dr Thuau. I focus mostly on my asymmetry as that was unfixable and I'm going to have some fillers later on to even it out as much as possible. My nose and neck by Dr ion have changed my side profile drastically and sort of brought everything else into a better balance. My lip is better but still not 100. But better so cant complain. All I hope anyone takes away from this is that sometimes these small differences we want, that only us will see, can set you back way further than when you began. Id never have let Mommaerts cut my face and bone up had I known this would be the outcome. HA paste is absolutely nothing that should be used for augmenting size to any degree imo. Its a paste! you're gonna sleep one night and turn your face on its side and not know it. You're gonna rest your head on your hands and not think about the fact that you have unstable paste in your face that will set. Its not controllable enough at all. If it set within 24 hours then maybe at a stretch. But it doesn't and the pain I felt when Mommaerts tried to 'remodel' it 2 weeks after in a dental chair was agony. My face was still so swollen and bruised yet here he was trying to shift around my face to a more pleasing outcome. Then admitted he'd messed up and went on to scrape it out in said chair. Lestat, you said Im exaggerating and you're going for the same procedure with the same man. May god be with you lol I just hope you have a spare £20k lying around for afterwards...

girl

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 07:11:23 AM »
I have seen 2 subpar results from MM where he failed to advance two examples of male jaw retrusion sufficiently. I also heard Modigliani's story about her unwarranted lower jaw shaving, performed without her consent.

There's no doubt MM was overhyped. But a surgeon performing procedures without consent should be written off. This is indicative of NPD/sociopathy (along with other oddities or 'quirks' that you'll be ultra sensitive to if you've previously been the victim of one). 

However, people reading this thread are going to think that those two are the 'answer' to failed surgeries. They aren't. I had surgery with T and it was an absolute farce - he denied any problem existed (of course!), I was given the run around for a year prior and the way I was treated was unprofessional and downright spiteful on more than one occasion.

If you're in the position of needing any restorative work done: seek out medical journal articles and find your doctor there. That's what I did for soft tissue revisions. I ignored the forums and found a doctor in a German uni hospital with a private practice.

Also, it's 2017 and MM has virtually no B&A pics on his site. Thuau hasn't even GOT a website. In consultation, bad surgeons show you less than 5 and cite 'patient consent' - this is bulls**t, BTW. It's called sticking a box on the form asking for consent to release B&A pics. If you can't rack up at least 100 B&As in a +20 year career, you're hiding something. And the pics should be proper pics, not crappy pics with parts cut off, which is another trick of theirs.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »
I consider doing jaw angle augmentation through HA with Prof. M.M.

It is my only possibility for a better jaw. :-X

I don't know what else to do. :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVNcKLMyu9k

Chin wing/side wing is not applicable in your case?

Lestat

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 04:35:44 AM »
Chin wing/side wing is not applicable in your case?

Yes you are right chin wing is the answer!

Milli_Meters

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »
Yes you are right chin wing is the answer!

Good luck!  2 probably better than one for your goals.

ahamis

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »
I consider doing jaw angle augmentation through HA with Prof. M.M.

It is my only possibility for a better jaw. :-X

I don't know what else to do. :'(

Have you considered Dr. Yaremchuk in Boston?
He does lots of jaw angle augmentation in men.
He is cranio-facial doctor; not buco-maxillo, though.

Lestat

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »
Have you considered Dr. Yaremchuk in Boston?
He does lots of jaw angle augmentation in men.
He is cranio-facial doctor; not buco-maxillo, though.

Thanks but ching wing is the answer my friend! I dont like implants.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 10:06:13 PM »
Thanks but ching wing is the answer my friend! I dont like implants.
Then get one and report back.

hadmysurgery

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:54 PM »

I think I saw a study somewhere stating surgeons have a relatively high amount of psychopaths among them. Most people with 'normal' levels of empathy would not feel comfortable doing the things a lot of surgeons consider a regular part of their work and training. You could say it is training but the way surgeons react under stress has been proven to be (very) different from most people that are not surgeon. This is what you'd need in a (good) surgeon, but it would of course affect their personality/demeanor too.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 02:07:25 AM »
I think I saw a study somewhere stating surgeons have a relatively high amount of psychopaths among them. Most people with 'normal' levels of empathy would not feel comfortable doing the things a lot of surgeons consider a regular part of their work and training. You could say it is training but the way surgeons react under stress has been proven to be (very) different from most people that are not surgeon. This is what you'd need in a (good) surgeon, but it would of course affect their personality/demeanor too.
I've come to the same conclusion. It takes a special kind of mentality to be a surgeon. I think they have a utilitarian mindset - "1 screwed, 7 ok, 2 happy, I'm doing OK... If you wanna make an omelette, gotta break some eggs".

Framboise

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 11:57:06 PM »
Man, i'm so sad for you.

Maybe as he get older, he lets younger doctors training on cases. It's a non ethical way to work but it happens.

I've asked for a consultation before reading your thread. Now this is impossible to have one, unless you are refferred by another doctor or patient.  I don't regret it

chmikizawa

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »
i'm so sorry about your experience with MM  :'(

girl

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 12:12:25 PM »
Just seen this story posted on Realself (with pics):
https://www.realself.com/question/michigan-mi-jaw-shaving-cost-average#
https://www.realself.com/review/rhinoplasty-decision-1#

How is the first pic after MM a botched result - or am I missing something?

The asymmetry might be slightly undesirable but the sliding genioplasty looks very good.