Author Topic: Get Arnett / Gunson at a fraction of the cost?  (Read 10949 times)

mike888miller

Get Arnett / Gunson at a fraction of the cost?
« on: November 13, 2016, 09:27:27 AM »
For those in the final stages of planing, and exploring if there was a way to pay less than 20k vs the 80k a and g cost, i had a look at the key note Speakers that a and g invite to speak at their seminars, have any of you come across any of These names?

especially for those of us with easier cases, this could be worthwile investigating

http://www.arnettgunson.com/files/2014/06/2017-Lecture-Forum.pdf

Keynote Speakers:
Simonas Grybauskas, DDS, MD, PhD, MOS. RCSEd
Michael J. Gunson, DDS, MD
Johan P. Reyneke, MChD, FCMFOS(SA), PhD
————————————————————————————————
G. William Arnett, DDS, FACD
Julio Cifuentes, DDS
Octavio Cintra, DDS, DMD
Antonio D’Agostino, MD
Harry L. Dougherty, Jr., DDS, MS
Claudio Dutra, DDS
Lawrence Gottesman, DDS, PC
Richard F. Jackson, DDS, FACD
Jeffrey L. McClendon, DMD, FAGD, ABGD
Lorenzo Trevisiol, MD
David L. Way, DDS

ditterbo

Re: Get Arnett / Gunson at a fraction of the cost?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
Seriously I need bimax but don't want to spend 100grand to do it, but I don't trust local top docs since my case is 10% functional, 90% aesthetic and a revision chin case.  And I have very low tolerance for risk.  Heck I have suspicions of Posnick as a good doc to do it with (& he's local) from the little I've found on people who've had surgery with him. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
Honestly, Sinn would do a great job on your jaw if you're not a hugely complicated functional case I think. And he'd achieve the aesthetic stuff you want.

I've heard of Reyeneke but he's in South Africa.

How do you know these other surgeons execute the surgeries in the same way? I.e. use PRP with HA paste and augement or even do huge CCW rotations?

mike888miller

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
Lazlo - I spoke to Sinns Office and am preparing 3 slides of my case so i can have a phone consult with him.

i am hoping he would agree, in principle, to a surgery first (ie no de-compentation of my very upright max incisors, as my bite is fine), min 10mm lf 3, plus straight min 10mm bsso plus 10mm gne, plus HA past on gon angle and orbital rims.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »
Lazlo - I spoke to Sinns Office and am preparing 3 slides of my case so i can have a phone consult with him.

i am hoping he would agree, in principle, to a surgery first (ie no de-compentation of my very upright max incisors, as my bite is fine), min 10mm lf 3, plus straight min 10mm bsso plus 10mm gne, plus HA past on gon angle and orbital rims.

Great let us know what he says.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:13 PM »
Great let us know what he says.

Yeah mike let us know what he says!!

mike888miller

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
will do - let me know if you have any Thing specific you want me to ask , i am paying a lot of cash for this so might as well get the max benifit

for reference this is my case

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6074.0

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »
will do - let me know if you have any Thing specific you want me to ask , i am paying a lot of cash for this so might as well get the max benifit

I feel like Dr. SInn didn't give me enough forward projection at all and no change in airway because he didn't do CCW. Only 6mm of lower jaw advancement. I needed more like 11mm.

ditterbo

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
I thought Sinn did a big CCW by dropping the posterior maxilla along w/your forward jaw movement? Or am I thinking of Gunson's plan??

My medical issue is primarily sleep apnea so I'll be needing CCW and lower jaw movement in the 17mm+ range (with a baby SG, or basically something similar to Gunson's plan). 

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »

Would you be willing to ask questions unrelated to your particular surgery? I mean I completely get if you aren't that's not a problem - there was a few information collecting questions that would be great to know from him.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:46:58 PM »
I thought Sinn did a big CCW by dropping the posterior maxilla along w/your forward jaw movement? Or am I thinking of Gunson's plan??

My medical issue is primarily sleep apnea so I'll be needing CCW and lower jaw movement in the 17mm+ range (with a baby SG, or basically something similar to Gunson's plan).

No that was Arnett's plan. I like what Sinn did and maybe he couldn't do both at the same time. But if I could have a second surgery I'd like more lower jaw advancement.

mike888miller

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 09:00:44 AM »
i also suffer from sleep Apnoe, so fire away. why do you feel that Forward movement without Rotation will not provide you with increased air flow?

ditterbo

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 10:01:03 PM »
i also suffer from sleep Apnoe, so fire away. why do you feel that Forward movement without Rotation will not provide you with increased air flow?

I didn't mean to imply straight advancement won't relieve sleep apnea.  I bet it does. 

mike888miller

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 04:52:11 AM »
of course, was not impliying thats what you were Setting, sorry if i came across to brusk.

i think we are both trying to figure out if and how added Rotation would maximise our aestetic and airflow outcomes (and ideally figuare out around which anker you rotate

i wonder - does ccw Rotation, like for like, always provide a better result? sailer, gunson and others seem to imply this, hut i wonder if that is the case for People with a flat oc / curve of spee?

i think the reason is that by rotating, you maximise the distance by which the tongue is moved Forward, as the tongue musscle is attached to the chin bone.

have a look at the Simulation on this link halfway down the page, you think he would have gotten a better result with added Rotation?

http://schlafapnoe.tv/

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:29:32 AM by mike888miller »

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
Seriously I need bimax but don't want to spend 100grand to do it, but I don't trust local top docs since my case is 10% functional, 90% aesthetic and a revision chin case.  And I have very low tolerance for risk.  Heck I have suspicions of Posnick as a good doc to do it with (& he's local) from the little I've found on people who've had surgery with him.

I can give you names for $15k - $30k if you really want but surgeons in general tend to hate aesthetic customers. I believe there are two other high volume fellowship centers in DC which are also very cheap which would be local for you too. Posnick's textbook is certainly awesome but part of his price is the customization he's willing to give. Most surgeons want you in and out the door. Also, he doesn't do most of the surgery himself, the fellows do it and you don't typically get to meet them until day of surgery if at all. Their hands are steadier and vision better so maybe not a big deal but might be better to find a Posnick fellow who's 5-10 years out and still does a lot of surgery. One of my high school classmates trained under him actually and works near me but he doesn't do jaw surgery much I think.