Author Topic: Are we too dependent on Sinn?  (Read 6863 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Are we too dependent on Sinn?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »
How does that work?

I mean the positioning of the lateral canthus - do you know whether it comes forward with the lateral orbital rim ?
I've only ever seen eyes narrow in syndrome cases with bulgy eyes after presumedly massive advancement.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
I've only ever seen eyes narrow in syndrome cases with bulgy eyes after presumedly massive advancement.

Ok. So lateral canthus 100% doesn't come forward right ?

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:42 PM »
Sinn says it makes the eyes more narrow. He's confirmed it to me twice. I already have decent eyes with no bulge or scelara show so I'm hoping for dem hunter eyes.

There's also studies that back it up. IIRC the average change was 20% in distance from the lower lid to the centre of the pupil afterwards. Quoting from memory but something like that.

The procedure definitely makes a significant change in orbital volumes.

The one thing it doesn't do is change or add to your existing cheek bone shape. Luckily the shape of mine is high and somewhat visible. So after my LF III it should be a stellar result, in theory. I'll keep you guys updated.

What do you mean it makes a significant change in orbital volume? Also do you know how it affects any other soft tissue aside from the lower eyelid margin? So lateral canthus positioning , eyeball, and so on?

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 04:26:06 PM »
Eyeball is virtually unmoved in most cases.

Lateral canthus is reset at the end.

What do you mean reset at the end? As far as I'm aware the lateral canthus is anchored inside the lateral orbital rim rather than on top of it, or at least this is what I was told by Dr Eppley.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »
Sinn says it makes the eyes more narrow. He's confirmed it to me twice. I already have decent eyes with no bulge or scelara show so I'm hoping for dem hunter eyes.

There's also studies that back it up. IIRC the average change was 20% in distance from the lower lid to the centre of the pupil afterwards. Quoting from memory but something like that.

The procedure definitely makes a significant change in orbital volumes.

The one thing it doesn't do is change or add to your existing cheek bone shape. Luckily the shape of mine is high and somewhat visible. So after my LF III it should be a stellar result, in theory. I'll keep you guys updated.
Yet he told me the opposite. I don't have bulgy eyes. My eyes are quite small. I do have minimal scleral show (more in one eye). He said it might help. I'm afraid of ending up with tiny eyes and this surgery seems irreversible. Gunson told me my infraorbital deficiency is mostly lateral.  That's the big problem with osteotomies - they are not very flexible. Sinn said he can vary the osteotomy depending on the case (eg. How far up the orbital rim the cut guess laterally), but I wonder how much is really possible.

earl25

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »
dr anthony wolf in florida also does them

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »
dr anthony wolf in florida also does them

He also does what?

earl25

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 04:20:52 AM »

Lestat

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
lf3

Also on average / good looking people for pure aesthetic reasons?

earl25

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
Also on average / good looking people for pure aesthetic reasons?

Seemed like he would do it for cosmetic reasons. Email him via his wensite google amthony wolf miami

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 07:22:15 PM »
Seemed like he would do it for cosmetic reasons. Email him via his wensite google amthony wolf miami

can you tell us a bit more such as where are the incisions? does he move the whole orbital ridge? etc. thanks.

earl25

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »

can you tell us a bit more such as where are the incisions? does he move the whole orbital ridge? etc. thanks.

no idea . i didnt go into detail with him. hes a very nice guy email him your questions