Author Topic: Jaw angle augmentation with HA paste?  (Read 5477 times)

Lestat

Jaw angle augmentation with HA paste?
« on: November 19, 2016, 09:24:53 AM »
What about jaw angle augmentation with HA paste?

HA paste is just like bone and more natural than medpor or silicon. I think it is permanent and does not erode the underlying bone.

Some of the best surgeons use it!
One doctor has figured out how slow its hardening so he can literally mold it with his hands up to 6 weeks post op. Imagine an artist molding your jaw angles or cheekbones with HA!

I think the reason most surgeons dont work with HA is because it requires a precise surgical pocket and precise placement (i.e. artistry).
Its much simpler to order an implant and stick it in.

So what are your thoughts?

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Jaw angle augmentation with HA paste?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 10:15:06 AM »
ha sucks, it's much worse than implants, this according to dr. z.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
ha sucks, it's much worse than implants, this according to dr. z.

I have spoken with world class surgeons. They told me that ha is safe, well tested, proven, permanent and does not erode the underlying bone. Arteries and new bone grow through the material.

Dr. Z? Ask a world class surgeon about him. I can tell you for sure! Nobody knows Dr. Z. He is never at congresses or somewhere. He has "zero" pubblications. And please bear in mind: At the end of the day each surgeon is also a business man!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:33:53 PM »
I think if GUnson and Arnett use it it must be safe. But I would only have it done by them or like Sinn, not some regular surgeon.

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »
Ya in my consult with Gunson he seemed hesitant he could do much for my gonial angle with HA paste.  I think it's a subtle augmenter.  Maybe 3mm tops?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »
Ya in my consult with Gunson he seemed hesitant he could do much for my gonial angle with HA paste.  I think it's a subtle augmenter.  Maybe 3mm tops?

okay so it doesn't do anything. but sinn does some sort of chin wing thing that's not an advancement but i think gonial angle thing as well

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 01:47:04 PM »
There are different ha formulations. But at the end of the day it can augment very little and it is an irritant (prolonged swelling).

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »
There are different ha formulations. But at the end of the day it can augment very little and it is an irritant (prolonged swelling).

Why can it only augment very little? Can you explain it to me please Plosko since you are very knowledgeable.

Lestat

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
Please see the link below. There is a ct scan in the ppt presentation which shows that new bone formation occurred with ha granules! What do you think about it?

http://documents.mx/documents/facial-contour-corrections-with-calcium-hydroxyapatite-granules-and-fibrin-sealant-maurice-mommaerts-president-european-association-for-cranio-maxillo-facial.html

Lestat

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »
Scroll down to the woman with the red hair. It is an absolutely fantastic result. Malar projection osteotomies and moldable mandibular angle augmentation create proper definition in the lateral face.

http://www.mauricemommaerts.eu/en/pathology.aspx

Maybe i will have surgery with him.
Btw do you know that Mommaerts invented the zygomatic sandwich osteotomy?

Lestat

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »
-"In conclusion I like hydroxyapatite granules for onlay facial augmentation for its safety, effectiveness and method of application. But its aesthetic effects are often problematic and severely limits its use. For small craniofacial augmentation sites it has a role but patient selection is critical. It works best when it is not asked to do too much."

Dr. Barry Eppley

http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/hydroxyapatite-granules-facial-augmentation/

ditterbo

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
I literally don't have a gonial angle, it's more like a wide slope.. so people like me probably can't even consider HA for augmentation in that area.. can implants or bone cuts be done at any point after HA is applied?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:28:45 PM by ditterbo »

Lestat

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 02:17:21 PM »
This guy had his jaw angles augmented with Hydroxyapatite. He also had other procedures.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40842

Please let me know what do you think about the result. Maybe he is still a little bit swollen.

I did a lot of research and HA is my favorite option for jaw angle augmentation.

ditterbo

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »
This guy had his jaw angles augmented with Hydroxyapatite. He also had other procedures.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40842

Please let me know what do you think about the result. Maybe he is still a little bit swollen.

I did a lot of research and HA is my favorite option for jaw angle augmentation.

Super subtle, but I guess less is more. Does jaw surgery also tend to accentuate the jawline like HA did for him?  My jaws are so narrow I'm afraid they'll still be hidden. Maybe the HA was applied down and out from the mandibular plane to create that added definition.  Just guessing though.

EDIT - Holy hell he also had bimax?? I don't see it. My first 7mm chin implant had a bigger affect than that. Also fat removal from the lower cheeks to accentuage jaw angles huh.  That adds a lot of noise to this result if you're purely judging HA augmentation to the jaw angle.  How much of it was HA vs fat removal.

Lestat

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 01:22:34 AM »
Holy hell he also had bimax?? I don't see it. My first 7mm chin implant had a bigger affect than that.

Jaw surgery on its own doesn't change much.

You’re like to get a much more dramatic result from a genioplasty to your appearance.

This guy needs one.