Author Topic: HOLY f**k it's officially possible to elongate palpebral fissures with osteotomy  (Read 13828 times)

MrFox

Why do you want a lefort 3 greyandblue? As in what aesthetic goals do you have that you hope this will achieve?

Lestat

greyandblue:

Are you still booked to have surgery with Dr. Sinn in February?

Greyandblue is getting the modified Lf3 done in January.

He told me that AFTER his LF3 surgery he will share everything he knows with me which is a LOT.

I wish him all the best for his surgery! 8)

diculo

So I contacted the Don himself, Dr. Sinn, enquiring whether a palpebral fissure osteotomy could be performed to elongate the palpebral fissures by cutting the lateral orbital rim and moving it laterally with the lateral canthus attached. He said that not only is is possible, but that it is "feasible" and that he's performed it "in the past with good outcomes" and also that "risks minimal".

Elongated palpebral fissures play a significant role in facial aesthetics. Most of the very top male models have elongated palpebral fissures - Sean o pry, David Gandy, Francisco Lachowski, Atesh Salih.

This is novel, and potentially revolutionary,  news for us.

TQFA,

Do you think a medial canthoplasty in addition to a lateral canthoplasty could increase palpebral fissure length?

CuriousDonut

This appears to be a dead thread but I will post in it regardless.

I have established contact with the authors/surgeons of a few pubmed articles that discuss the widening of the palpebral fissure via epicanthoplasty (alteration of the inner canthus) and lateral canthoplasty (alteration of the outer canthus). Currently, undergoing both of these -plastys allow for an slight increase in the width of ones palpebral fissure (read; eye length).

This "palpebral fissure osteotomy" supposedly offered by Sinn however, if feasible would allow for better augmentation.

I will be discussing the feasibility of the following:

- A "palpebral fissure osteotomy" in which the lateral orbital rim is moved horizontally would hypothetically allow more of one's eyeball to present itself in the horizontal plane combined with whichever canthoplasty is applicable.

- The widening of ones IPD by undergoing the above, coupled with an epicanthoplasty (procedure that can either shorten or lengthen the inner canthus) to shorten the inner canthus in addition to some form of orbital volume compensation via implants.

Hypothetically this would allow for an increase in ones IPD in accordance to what Sinn describes as "soft tissue manipulation".

- Lateral orbital rim expanded horizontally
- More eyeball presents itself
- Epicanthoplasty to shorten inner canthus
- Posterior orbital volume compensation to either push the eyeball outwards or inner orbital volume compensation to push the eyeball further horizontally.

Wider IPD, longer palpebral fissure... what gives...

Anyway I am still corresponding with the authors of the article.

CuriousDonut

1/2

[attachment deleted by admin]

CuriousDonut

2/2

These images detail what I assume Dr Sinn referred to when he mentioned "Palpebral fissure osteotomy".

However these two images comprise one page in a journal as is literally the only reference or mention I have found that discussed such a procedure.

[attachment deleted by admin]

secondtimearound

This thread is absolutely hilarious. I have very narrow IPD and unattractive eyes. But the idea that everything in your face can be cut apart and repositioned like surgical photoshop is just laughable. You guys are gonna end up with horrible vision problems and nerve palsies plus scarring.

You guys have no idea what the f**k you're talking about. It's not a game and the orbital area is incredibly complex. Stick to basic implants like eppley offers if you're desperate for something.

Just basic cuts like lf1 and bsso are risky enough as it is. I'm guessing the idiots proposing things like this have never actually had jaw surgery or they would have some clue as to what I'm saying.

You guys are never gonna be male models and no amount of experimental surgery is going to change that.

Lazlo

• Private
I still don't understand what this osteotomy does. Can someone please explain. What is the before and after here? On this drawing the left and right eyes are totally different. Is the right more narrow one the result of the palberal tissue osteotomy or whatever its called? Can someone please just f**king explain to me what this procedure does cosmeetically????

Lefortitude

seems super legit.  wish we had more experience and information on this type of procedure.

kavan

• Global Moderator
I still don't understand what this osteotomy does. Can someone please explain. What is the before and after here? On this drawing the left and right eyes are totally different. Is the right more narrow one the result of the palberal tissue osteotomy or whatever its called? Can someone please just f**king explain to me what this procedure does cosmeetically????

It looks to horizontally stretch out and vertically narrow the palpebral fissures. Instead of removing the lateral canthal tendon from the orbital rim and resuturing it (type of cantho procedure) which has a 'hammock' effect to the palprebal fissure shape (horizontally stretch and vertically narrowing), it just slices off a part of the lateral orbital rim and moves that sideways with the lateral canthal tendon already on it.

This is NOT to be confused with increasing the IPD though as it won't increase the distance BETWEEN the eyes. I suppose one could also get similar effect with a bridge of bone drill hole canthopexy.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

beyondconfusedtbh

bump cus this sounds pretty cool 8)

I assume this osteotomy produces a similar effect to pulling your back on the outer corner of your eyes.

If you have weaker cheekbones/ orbitals the lack of support on the eyeball becomes apparent if you pull back more than just a few mm (a gap appears), so you'd have to pair this with another osteotomy and or implant/ ha/ filler that provides some framing for the eyes thus allowing for the desired outcome.

Also as kavan said you can probably get a similar result through a canthopexy procedure, assuming you have adequate under eye support. The only upside I can see is that this procedure would be permanent whereas from my understanding canthopexys/plastys are not.

ForeverAloneDude

good luck to greyandblue, i hope his surgery goes well and gets the results he desires, not least for selfish reasons  ;D

I think some of you dont appreciate that you are among a small cohort of people that are pioneering a relatively new aspect of surgery that is chiefly concerned with aesthetic impacts. Plastic surgery has always existed of course, but AFAIK the notion of improving all areas of the face via highly invasive bone cutting and shifting procedures is quite a new trend.

I really really really hope it takes off so the people who really need major changes can get them.