Author Topic: Who are considered the best jaw surgeons?  (Read 5081 times)

ExtractionsRuinFaces

Who are considered the best jaw surgeons?
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:03:32 AM »
Cant find much recent info on the forum (only had a short look) about the best surgeons worldwide.

I found this but its from over three years ago http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=416.15

Any updates?

I am consulting with Dr. Zarrinbal soon (just over a week away), dont have any other consultations set up yet but would like to hear this forums opinion on the worlds best surgeons for double jaw surgery.

Most likely going to be getting SARPE (undecided on this, will wait to hear surgeons opinions) and then double jaw surgery. Will consider augmentation of various parts of my face afterwards but for now im just focused on jaw surgery.

CCW

Re: Who are considered the best jaw surgeons?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »
I think most of the big names are mentioned in that thread, but Mommaerts and Sailer should probably be crossed off. I didn't see Triaca, but he's good as well.

In the US, there are of course A/G, Posnick and Wolford who are all also very focused on aesthetics.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:23:14 AM by GJ »

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
I think most of the big names are mentioned in that thread, but Mommaerts and Sailer should probably be crossed off. I didn't see Triaca, but he's good as well.

In the US, there are of course A/G, Posnick and Wolford who are all also very focused on aesthetics.

Yes those two should definitely be avoided. Triaca is someone im considering, I don't want to consult with too many surgeons though as I'm quite indecisive and getting too many opinions is bad for a person like me. Trying to narrow my choices down to 2-3 people. Zarrinbal has an excellent rep on this forum and I'll be visiting him soon.

CCW

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:06:15 AM »
Alfaro and Raffaini then. Both of them do counterclockwise rotation when it's indicated and aren't super expensive either. I heard Zarrinbal is conservative with his actual orthognathic surgery.

rolo2000

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 12:20:29 PM »

Is Dr M really as bad as everyone says or is it mainly just due to bad planning? I really want to get surgery with him now just because the other surgeons are out of my budget, especially for revision, and I think I only need a minor ajustment for symmetry. Are his jaw surgery patients unhappy with assymetrical results? From what I saw online many patients just complain about bad planning, not the best attitude, and also problems with HA augmentation. What about his single jaw procedures? They must be pretty simple for him to get right no?

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
(...) and also problems with HA augmentation.

What do you mean? :o