Author Topic: Read an interesting post on treating post-op numbness  (Read 1366 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Read an interesting post on treating post-op numbness
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »
Someone posted on another site:
"I had double jaw surgery and am 18 months post-op.  6 months post-op I had to return to my surgeon to have one of the screws removed from my bottom right jaw as it was causing infection.  The procedure went well, but it set me back, in that I was once again experiencing some numbness on the right lower lip, chin area and I had a lot of pressure in my top teeth.    The sensation behind my front teeth was not normal, nor was how the roof of my mouth felt when I ate anything.  While at my chiropractor for neck adjustments, she talked to me about LLLT - Low Light Laser Therapy.  I would strongly recommend people research this and access it if they are experiencing  numbness and any other side effects from the double surgeries.  After my 4th treatment, the pressure is totally gone from my teeth.  My numbness  is diminishing and I am regaining more feeling in my lip/chin area with each treatment."

Could this mean that LLLT actually works or was this person's nerves regenerating on their own and would have regenerated during this time regardless of the therapy?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Re: Read an interesting post on treating post-op numbness
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »
Don't all jump in at once now.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Rico

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
I "take" 9J for 5 min per session and you / he / she ?

You / he /she  do it only at the point  of nerve damage or in whole region on the skin it gives feeling ?

nottoomuch

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:06:04 PM »
I have posted separately looking for info, but just in case you see this. . .any chance of contacting the original poster? I would like to know more, would love to be able to ask some questions!

Thanks!

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:55:15 AM »
Someone posted on another site:
"I had double jaw surgery and am 18 months post-op.  6 months post-op I had to return to my surgeon to have one of the screws removed from my bottom right jaw as it was causing infection.  The procedure went well, but it set me back, in that I was once again experiencing some numbness on the right lower lip, chin area and I had a lot of pressure in my top teeth.    The sensation behind my front teeth was not normal, nor was how the roof of my mouth felt when I ate anything.  While at my chiropractor for neck adjustments, she talked to me about LLLT - Low Light Laser Therapy.  I would strongly recommend people research this and access it if they are experiencing  numbness and any other side effects from the double surgeries.  After my 4th treatment, the pressure is totally gone from my teeth.  My numbness  is diminishing and I am regaining more feeling in my lip/chin area with each treatment."

Could this mean that LLLT actually works or was this person's nerves regenerating on their own and would have regenerated during this time regardless of the therapy?

Light Therapy, laser therapy, PEMF (pulsed magnetic energy) Far Infrared are all really good for healing and inflammation. Also these modalities help enhance circulation to the jaw which is hard to do and would help after surgery and i use it for pain from permanent nerve damage.