Author Topic: Cheekbone augmentation (Hydroxyapatite+fat transfer) with Dr. Joel Defrancq  (Read 15795 times)

Lestat

Cheek bones can be built up permanently using two basic approaches. The two techniques can be combined with no problem.

1.) Onlay material (f.e. HA) applied directly to the bone area, this material is intended to become ‘part of the bone’.

2.) Or tissue filler augmentation (preferably lipofilling) in the cheek’s soft tissues. This fat is intended to become a part of the overlaying tissues.

A combination of the two is possible.

http://www.facialsculptureclinic.com/en/surgery/jaw-surgery/cheek-bones/

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:38:57 AM by Lestat »

Lazlo

• Private
i don't think significant augmentation can be created using even  the two methods together. Better to wait for xilloc bone.

deputy van halen

Are you having surgery with him, Lestat?

Lestat

Are you having surgery with him, Lestat?

The problem is I am not rich. I need to save money. Maybe after my Zso next summer.

Lestat

No homo but Freddie Ljungberg has the most perfect cheekbones I have ever seen on a man. Just Google him and let me know what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:38:14 AM by Lestat »

Lestat

I have found this in an older thread!

I saw him on Saturday and he comes across as friendly and very knowledgeable, he pointed out a number of things with my face which have already bothered me.
He spoke about HA for the cheeks and he's done over 600 of these and says it doesn't move.

OVER 600!!!
I think he is worth a consult.

Lazlo

• Private
I have found this in an older thread!

OVER 600!!!
I think he is worth a consult.

that sounds good joel de franq?

Lestat

that sounds good joel de franq?

Yes, Dr. Joel Defrancq.

Lazlo

• Private
Yes, Dr. Joel Defrancq.

are you going to consult with him?

Lestat

are you going to consult with him?

Maybe next year. When I have money+time.

deputy van halen

Re: Cheekbone augmentation (Hydroxyapatite+fat transfer) with Dr. Joel Defrancq
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:32:51 AM »
I'm having surgery with him soon, and will be doing the HA + fat transfer for cheek augmentation, along with bimax and genioplasty.  I'll let you know how it goes...I'm pretty freaked out though and think about cancelling like 10 times a day.  Ughhhhh.

MrFox

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
HA paste will never give sculptured masculine cheekbones that a lot of men want, nor will any paste, filler or soft form of augmentation.

Some men look good with more feminine, rounded nondescript shapes... and that's fine but currently that's pretty much ALL the market caters for, I would argue that is through ignorance and lack of skill.

The top implant surgeons in the US can provide the high and sharp cheekbone shape but the problem is that they use artificial materials which will always lead to resorption of the underlying bone.

For me, at the moment cartilage really is the best tested material on the market due to the fact that it doesn't cause resorption of the bone beneath it, the infection rate is low and it is natural so your body isn't exposed to toxins.

The problem is, of course, that cartilage can resorb and to what degree is unpredictable.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
HA paste will never give sculptured masculine cheekbones that a lot of men want, nor will any paste, filler or soft form of augmentation.

Some men look good with more feminine, rounded nondescript shapes... and that's fine but currently that's pretty much ALL the market caters for, I would argue that is through ignorance and lack of skill.

The top implant surgeons in the US can provide the high and sharp cheekbone shape but the problem is that they use artificial materials which will always lead to resorption of the underlying bone.

For me, at the moment cartilage really is the best tested material on the market due to the fact that it doesn't cause resorption of the bone beneath it, the infection rate is low and it is natural so your body isn't exposed to toxins.

The problem is, of course, that cartilage can resorb and to what degree is unpredictable.

why we need the CT Bone. I agree with you, osteotomy even plus HA paste won't give the results we want. Only implants even for the jawline or genioplasty don't give strong enough results.

Lestat

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 12:53:04 PM »

What Mr. Fox means is not cartilage, it is Lyophilized cartilage and only Prof S. from Z. uses it! Dont confuse them. They are two completely different materials. I bet he does not even know how S. attach it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
What Mr. Fox means is not cartilage, it is Lyophilized cartilage and only Prof S. from Z. uses it! Dont confuse them. They are two completely different materials. I bet he does not even know how S. attach it.

yeah i know but does this lyophilized cartilage become your own bone or does it just resorb? My fear is that it doesn't integreate with your own bone so there is the possibility of rejection. Also how does he shape and attach this bone? With screws? And does this bone "live" in your face? If you're hit in the face and it breaks does it mend like real bone would? I have to many doubts about lyophilized cartilage I don't understand how it works...