Author Topic: BonoFill, a bioreactor grown injectable bone graft  (Read 1021 times)

molestrip

• Private
BonoFill, a bioreactor grown injectable bone graft
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
An Israeli company recently announced success where they injected bioractor grow autologous bone grafts into the jaws of a few patients in the maxillofacial region. Here's the website describing the product.

A product like this certainly looks great for grafting osteotomy defects. I wonder whether it might also be useful in non-invasive facial augmentation, particularly in the infraorbital region under the eye which is hard to hit surgically and causes the dreaded eye bags a lot of us get early. I don't know if there might be some fundamental limitations, I don't see how an augmentation would be added under a soft tissue attachment point for example. For those we'd need a treatment that stimulates growth of existing bone. Like re-opening the sutures closed from childhood.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Re: BonoFill, a bioreactor grown injectable bone graft
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 12:28:54 PM »
This looks really interesting.  At the very least it can be added to bony areas that might have trouble fusing together. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(