Author Topic: Baldness cure?  (Read 1471 times)

molestrip

• Private
Baldness cure?
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »
A little off topic, hopefully won't attract the attention of too much PUA. But baldness is a real problem, particularly for women. The aesthetic impact doesn't bother me too much but the feeling of slowly balding is annoying and, all things being equal, I would like to not be bald sure. Anyway, looking up how to bank stem cells for this purpose I discovered that a nobel prize winning scientist is already looking to commercial a process of turning normal skin cells into the kind needed to regrow hair. Target for market is 2018.

Anyone here who knows more about this, I'd love to hear your thoughts. It looks promising to me, I'll start seeding my wife with dreams of a second honeymoon in Japan :P I've only lightly touched this topic in my research because to me, it's like my eye bags or weak cheekbones. A nuisance but not life altering.

boyo

Re: Baldness cure?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 08:24:23 AM »
Your best bet right now is to stop/halt the loss with Finasteride (or RU58841 if side effects are too strong). Regrowing lost hair is very challenging and even the top player in the game (Tsuji labs) are struggling to overcome the numerous of hurdles laying between a cure. So if you're balding, do something NOW.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Your best bet right now is to stop/halt the loss with Finasteride (or RU58841 if side effects are too strong). Regrowing lost hair is very challenging and even the top player in the game (Tsuji labs) are struggling to overcome the numerous of hurdles laying between a cure. So if you're balding, do something NOW.

propecia works, halted all hair loss in me.

Lestat

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »

I have heard that Finasteride (Propecia) causes fat loss under eyes! :-\ That is why I do not use it.
I don't know if it is true.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:15:53 PM »

Do you still use it?  Does it just halt hair loss or will it promote old follicles to start regrowing as well?    Any side effects? 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 08:44:03 AM »
Do you still use it?  Does it just halt hair loss or will it promote old follicles to start regrowing as well?    Any side effects?

No side effects. Doesn't grow hair, just keeps whatever you have. So best to start it early as soon as you note signs of thinning.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:39 AM »
What do you think about Travoltas or Stallones hair toupee? Better than a bald head...

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »
What do you think about Travoltas or Stallones hair toupee? Better than a bald head...

no they look horrible. if I was that bald as they are I would just shave my head.

Travolta is a joke. Stallone has a decent hair transplant.