Author Topic: surgery first in Europe?  (Read 12111 times)

lucifa

Re: surgery first in Europe?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 06:09:41 AM »
''There is no getting around it. If you have a small budget then jaw surgery shouldn't even be a consideration. ''

That's why i'm looking into countries like Serbia. It sounds like they are saying it would be considerably less money 'all in'. Possibly as little as like 5k for everything according to that weblink from before?

Also, according to some realself reviews, some surgeons in Tawain will do it all in for under 10k which Is a lot more realistic for me

PS - Thanks to you, Sensual lips; Another angle to consider

sentry123

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017, MAY ALL OUR JAW DREAMS COME TRUE!  ;)

Ok. Soooooooooooo this is to Lucifa and all in this comment section and beyond. I just want to let ya'll all  in on something...
"MEDICAL INSURANCE COVERAGE"!!!! It works, trust me, i did it once and i'll do it again! Had a sliding genioplasty with Dr Henri Thau 10 years ago and at the time i was with Norwich Union Medical Insurance and YES they covered the whole damn thang!

I can't believe none of you guys are talking about this. Ok so as of right now i have private medical insurance coverage from BUPA UK and i opened this policy in November 2016 and chose the policy that offers European cover so that if i was to have surgery with Prof Raffaini -  (wink wink shhh) :) It would be covered, but you can also choose worldwide cover. It can be pricey tho, my policy costs around £220 per month but i have a plan set in stone lol so won't be paying out £220 every months very very soon like this week soon! I'll be making my jaw surgery claim this week with my BUPA Insurance Company as i didn't want to make it too obvious and literally claim 2 weeks after opening the policy as that would look super shady and fraudulent and they may of said NO! Sooooo using my big brain lol i decided to make this very important life changing claim in New Year 2017 and start the year off with what could be a really really good bang!!!  -
(no pun intended, i think?;D )

I did some major research and actually called up Bupa medical insurance company before i opened my policy - as a fake name and home address LOL (they are ruthless and record all calls so i had to fake it to get info on certain things) you can't ask them that stuff when you open up your own policy or they may work out you are playing them or have a pre existing medical condition which all insurance companies will rarely cover. I asked questions in regard to jaw surgery and the braces/orthodontic treatment connected to it and they said they would cover the surgery but not necessarily the braces.

Please like seriously open up a medical insurance policy and then give it a few or more weeks then make a claim for jaw surgery with your chosen doctor. Just remember that if you have already been to see your own GP (general practitioner) about your issues with your jaw etc then it will be harder to then try open a medical insurance policy up and try get cover as then your claim will be deemed - pre existing condition  which you had before you opened your policy (catch my drift?) ;) They can ask your GP for your medical history etc or if the GP has seen you in regards to jaw surgery issues. Theses are the questions the medical insurer will ask your GP when you make you claim so "BE AWARE"

As i said i had a sliding Genioplasty surgery which cost £6000 in the UK 10 years ago covered by my medical insurer so it can be done!
I pay £220 per months and if my insurer agrees to cover my surgery claim i will be saving around £15,000-£20,000!!! i=I opened the insurance policy 2 months ago so you do the math. Can't compare the two. Seriously go open a medical policy wherever you are. If your in the UK trust me BUPA Medical Insurance is the best. I did a few months of calling up and researching different policies/companies and it was the best especially for the fact i will be going to Italy and having the surgery first operation with Prof Mirco Raffaini. Oh yea and don't really contact and never book the consultation with your chosen jaw surgery doctor until you have made your medical insurance claim first and got the go ahead that you will be covered for jaw surgery.

Good Luck x

Hi, did your claim get accepted in the end? Also, surely there is a large excess fee associated with this type of claim?

many thanks

sensual_lips

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 06:31:15 AM »
Hi there,

I picked a policy with bupa that has no excess or hidden surprises when you have a claim covered!!! Yep that's right honey! :) lol i do want to add i pay £220 per month for my bupa medical insurance policy but i pick the one that covers all of the UK and Europe so....

I did mention (in my medical insurance message for everyone to see) that i took out a medical insurance policy that covers the whole of THE UK AND THE WHOLE OF EUROPE!!! So yes they will 100% cover a claim for surgery if its in the UK or any country in Europe. I hope that makes things clearer for you lol.

No i have not made my claim yet as i have had the flu all over xmas so will be making it this week hopefully.

When i had my sliding genioplasty 10 years ago in London i did exactly what i'm doing now with my current insurer except it was just covering the UK. You can easily look online or anonymously call an insurance company and they will gladly answer that question accurately.

Hope that helped to answer your Qs.

x

crimsonpeas22

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »
Hi there,

I picked a policy with bupa that has no excess or hidden surprises when you have a claim covered!!! Yep that's right honey! :) lol i do want to add i pay £220 per month for my bupa medical insurance policy but i pick the one that covers all of the UK and Europe so....

I did mention (in my medical insurance message for everyone to see) that i took out a medical insurance policy that covers the whole of THE UK AND THE WHOLE OF EUROPE!!! So yes they will 100% cover a claim for surgery if its in the UK or any country in Europe. I hope that makes things clearer for you lol.

No i have not made my claim yet as i have had the flu all over xmas so will be making it this week hopefully.

When i had my sliding genioplasty 10 years ago in London i did exactly what i'm doing now with my current insurer except it was just covering the UK. You can easily look online or anonymously call an insurance company and they will gladly answer that question accurately.

Hope that helped to answer your Qs.

x

Hey can you let me know if this ever worked with Dr Mirco Riffaini and Bupa