Author Topic: too big mandible relatively to the rest of the face  (Read 1414 times)

amitysomer

too big mandible relatively to the rest of the face
« on: December 24, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »
Hello,
First of all sorry for the English – not an English speaker
I have an underbite and I intend to do a jaw surgery correction. One main reason that I wanted to do this is because of aesthetics.
But today I understood that it wont help me at all because my mandible is not only too much out of my face but it also too big in the sagittal position. I measured my dads face from chin to the pupils height and chin to the tip of the lower lip. With it was 11 cm and 4.5 to 5 cm and my dad which has a normal face has 12 cm and 4 cm.
Now, if I will do an upper jaw surgery oor lower jaw surgery or both, it wouldn’t help in anything because the ratio will stay the. I want to kill myself. It doesn’t matter what ill do I will look like s**t. Now I already have braces for more than three month and I think I want to cancel all of it because it wouldnt help my looks

PloskoPlus

Re: too big mandible relatively to the rest of the face
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:38:15 PM »
Meaningless without photos. There is more to fixing class iii than just moving the lower jaw back and the upper jaw forward.

Vic

Re: too big mandible relatively to the rest of the face
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »
PloskoPlus is right, you need to post pics and x-rays