General Category > Emotional Support

Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?

(1/5) > >>

PhoenixHiker:
I had a 1-piece LeFort and BSSO double jaw surgery in Feb, 2016 to correct a minor underbite. Actually I think it's more of a crossbite and my lower and upper jaws were both tilted at that time but my surgeon didn't think so --- he's arrogant and spent less than 2 min to diagnoze my case....
So it's been 10 months now and day by day I feel it's a FAILED surgery and I still have asymmetrical jaw and a class III bite on the right side. I'm so frustrated and devastated since I paid almost all of this out of pocket. (I'm in US and the insurance only covered the one-night hospital and anesthesia because my surgeon is not in the network). Not to mention all the pains and discomfort I've been through. I had some followup appointments with the surgeon and I raised my concerns, but he became very impatient and started refusing to talk to me. He said, as I quote, he did an A+ surgery and there's nothing wrong. My orthodontist also noticed something not right, but he recommended the surgeon to me so he always found excuses for my current situation (like relapse, swelling etc )
Anyways, here're some my post-surgery pics (10 months after the surgery). I'm asking for any suggestions. I'm think about or re-do or any possible genioplasty? or do I have to live with this for the rest of my life?? I'm desperately asking for some suggestions.

http://imgur.com/a/joaP5

kjohnt:
I see the cant of maxilla and the mandible follows.  Not sure the maxillary teeth should be tipped as they are...appear not properly decompensated.  Get an opinion from another surgeon.

Who was your surgeon?

PhoenixHiker:

--- Quote from: kjohnt on December 28, 2016, 01:13:36 PM ---I see the cant of maxilla and the mandible follows.  Not sure the maxillary teeth should be tipped as they are...appear not properly decompensated.  Get an opinion from another surgeon.

Who was your surgeon?

--- End quote ---

Dr D** in phoenix, AZ. It's 10 months after the surgery and I can clearly see the mandible asymmetry and still a minor class III on my right side (left in the pic). I'm pretty sure he didn't rotate my jaws as he promised. I asked for detailed data (how many mm you moved/rotated) but he said he didn't track & record it at all.

PloskoPlus:
Does not look good at all. You should have grounds to get your money back.
I have to say when things go well surgeons are all smiles, when they don't, they become real royal c*nts.

LyraM45:
Yeah, doesn't look right to me.  You're definitely canted significantly.  Not sure if you had that to begin with or what.  I've been there and know what you're feeling.  It's not a good place to be, but realize you can be fixed.  It's not an easy road, but it's doable.  I am not sure what to recommend for surgeons in AZ.  I'm not familiar with any down there. 

If you'd like to read up on how to begin the revision process and how to handle a botched case, definitely visit my website:  www.confessionsofametalmouth.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version