Author Topic: Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?  (Read 10549 times)

PhoenixHiker

Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »
I had a 1-piece LeFort and BSSO double jaw surgery in Feb, 2016 to correct a minor underbite. Actually I think it's more of a crossbite and my lower and upper jaws were both tilted at that time but my surgeon didn't think so --- he's arrogant and spent less than 2 min to diagnoze my case....
So it's been 10 months now and day by day I feel it's a FAILED surgery and I still have asymmetrical jaw and a class III bite on the right side. I'm so frustrated and devastated since I paid almost all of this out of pocket. (I'm in US and the insurance only covered the one-night hospital and anesthesia because my surgeon is not in the network). Not to mention all the pains and discomfort I've been through. I had some followup appointments with the surgeon and I raised my concerns, but he became very impatient and started refusing to talk to me. He said, as I quote, he did an A+ surgery and there's nothing wrong. My orthodontist also noticed something not right, but he recommended the surgeon to me so he always found excuses for my current situation (like relapse, swelling etc )
Anyways, here're some my post-surgery pics (10 months after the surgery). I'm asking for any suggestions. I'm think about or re-do or any possible genioplasty? or do I have to live with this for the rest of my life?? I'm desperately asking for some suggestions.

http://imgur.com/a/joaP5
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:38:38 PM by PhoenixHiker »

kjohnt

Re: Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »
I see the cant of maxilla and the mandible follows.  Not sure the maxillary teeth should be tipped as they are...appear not properly decompensated.  Get an opinion from another surgeon.

Who was your surgeon?

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »
I see the cant of maxilla and the mandible follows.  Not sure the maxillary teeth should be tipped as they are...appear not properly decompensated.  Get an opinion from another surgeon.

Who was your surgeon?

Dr D** in phoenix, AZ. It's 10 months after the surgery and I can clearly see the mandible asymmetry and still a minor class III on my right side (left in the pic). I'm pretty sure he didn't rotate my jaws as he promised. I asked for detailed data (how many mm you moved/rotated) but he said he didn't track & record it at all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:02:39 PM by PhoenixHiker »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »
Does not look good at all. You should have grounds to get your money back.
I have to say when things go well surgeons are all smiles, when they don't, they become real royal c*nts.

LyraM45

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »
Yeah, doesn't look right to me.  You're definitely canted significantly.  Not sure if you had that to begin with or what.  I've been there and know what you're feeling.  It's not a good place to be, but realize you can be fixed.  It's not an easy road, but it's doable.  I am not sure what to recommend for surgeons in AZ.  I'm not familiar with any down there. 

If you'd like to read up on how to begin the revision process and how to handle a botched case, definitely visit my website:  www.confessionsofametalmouth.com

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:55:04 PM »
I modify the surgeon's name after his financial assistant contacted me by recognizing my xray and pics. They threatened to bring lawsuit against me if I mentioned his name publicly, even if I was a patient and suffered a botched surgery from him. Anyone who wants to know his name please message me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:54:21 PM by PhoenixHiker »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:00:36 PM »
I modify the surgeon's name after his financial assistant contacted me by recognizing my xray and pics. They threatened to bring lawsuit against me if I mentioned his name publicly, even if I was a patient and suffered a botched surgery from him. Anyone who wants to know his name please message me.
Like I said "royal c*nts" or high functioning psychopaths.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 02:23:28 AM »
That's really awful. Would be so satisfying if he took you to court and you got some other surgeons confirmation that the surgery was a dud, and then f**ked him hard.
Very hard to sue surgeons. In smaller counties all but impossible as they all know each other and would not testify one against another.

kjohnt

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:11 PM »

Lawsuit for what?  I'd remove any misinformation or exaggeration from your posts if it exists to avoid libel/slander, but aside from that, this is a forum and people here express opinions and ask for information.  Given your photo evidence provided, it is obvious to me and others here that your team could have done a better job.  You don't even have to post anything aside from your surgeon's name and the question "I don't feel this is a good result, what do you think?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:47:31 AM by kjohnt »

LyraM45

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »

If you are posting your records, with your results, and nothing with exaggeration/libel/slander/false statements, etc, then you can do whatever you want with your records.  They are yours.  And if your doctor did right by you, they wouldn't be ashamed to have their work on the internet for others to see.

This is a HUGE red flag for me.  Don't bend over to them. Your records are yours and they legally can do nothing about you posting your records and getting feedback from a public forum.  I would put the name back out there.  It does other patients a service to have your results and doctors name out to see.

ditterbo

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
If you are posting your records, with your results, and nothing with exaggeration/libel/slander/false statements, etc, then you can do whatever you want with your records.  They are yours.  And if your doctor did right by you, they wouldn't be ashamed to have their work on the internet for others to see.

This is a HUGE red flag for me.  Don't bend over to them. Your records are yours and they legally can do nothing about you posting your records and getting feedback from a public forum.  I would put the name back out there.  It does other patients a service to have your results and doctors name out to see.

If he describes the order of events post op from his perspective, then I'd imagine that would become a he said vs she said kind of thing in court and create more of a headache than it's worth.  Similar logic not to make strong judgement calls (eg this surgery was a failure, the doctor is arrogant, etc.).  Make it as bland as possible because obviously the results can speak for themselves. IMO anyways, could be wrong on this & I got a USA law perspective.

LyraM45

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
If he describes the order of events post op from his perspective, then I'd imagine that would become a he said vs she said kind of thing in court and create more of a headache than it's worth.  Similar logic not to make strong judgement calls (eg this surgery was a failure, the doctor is arrogant, etc.).  Make it as bland as possible because obviously the results can speak for themselves. IMO anyways, could be wrong on this & I got a USA law perspective.

Exactly.  If the results and records speak for themselves, then it's a "Res Ipsa" case.  Just let them speak for themselves.

Ben30

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
I reviewed my surgeon on here. I should have posted pictures and provided the only plane facts but I didn't and the review had to be remove.

I think my surgeon will stick to pulling wisdom from now on though, well hopefully anyway.

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »
I had an appointment with the surgeon weeks ago. He still refused to admit any errors or provided any details like how many mm he moved my jaw. BUT this time he agreed to do a full revision WITH FULL CHARGES (he basically said only he's capable for this revision) and offered me a financial package (mortgage) to pay. Ridiculous?!  I also consulted other surgeons in phx area but they're only willing to do genioplasty and they indeed don't do any revision. I have no idea which way I should go. Any suggestions are welcome!

Pennylane

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 11:19:34 PM »
You might want to hold off going back to your original surgeon because he does not sound all that trustworthy. You probably should consult with more surgeons (ones that are experienced with revisions) even if you have to travel.