Author Topic: Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?  (Read 10545 times)

notrain

• Private
Re: Im devastated. Do I need a re-do?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
How can you guys see the cant? His pictures are either selfies or photographed cephalograms so personally I cannot accurately judge his outcome. His face photos could be canted because he is either holding the camera or his head at an angle and the cephalograms are also not properly aligned.

I usually just draw a horizontal line on a properly done pano-ceph betweens the contact points of the 2nd molars on each side. If the horizontal line meets with the teeth at the same spot on either side, there is no cant. See the picture attached for an explanation (it's my pano and I don't think I have a cant). Is this the correct way of doing it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

kjohnt

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
How can you guys see the cant? His pictures are either selfies or photographed cephalograms so personally I cannot accurately judge his outcome. His face photos could be canted because he is either holding the camera or his head at an angle and the cephalograms are also not properly aligned.

I usually just draw a horizontal line on a properly done pano-ceph betweens the contact points of the 2nd molars on each side. If the horizontal line meets with the teeth at the same spot on either side, there is no cant. See the picture attached for an explanation (it's my pano and I don't think I have a cant). Is this the correct way of doing it?

Well I'm sure there are standard planes to consider and I don't know them.  I do know you certainly want to place other horizontal lines in other landmark areas for reference in case the head is tilted within the picture though.

I drew a couple more on OP's and, admittedly, I think I may have been too quick to judge this outcome based on the evidence provided.  The ceph is not level I think, and part of the issue is probably that it's a picture of the ceph, not a scan.  The facial pictures back up the ceph, but again, it's tough to tell whats going without a full skull ceph or full facial pictures.  The asymmetry may begin higher than the lefort I area.  The chin asymmetry also may skew one's perception of the asymetry at the maxillary level.  I think more pictures are necessary because I'm just not sure what's going on here as I'm looking again.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 02:03:41 AM »
I think OP should bite down on a ruler and take a photo from farther away.

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »
I think OP should bite down on a ruler and take a photo from farther away.

Can you help to re-evaluate? This is my pics. 16 month after my botched surgery

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
Well I'm sure there are standard planes to consider and I don't know them.  I do know you certainly want to place other horizontal lines in other landmark areas for reference in case the head is tilted within the picture though.

I drew a couple more on OP's and, admittedly, I think I may have been too quick to judge this outcome based on the evidence provided.  The ceph is not level I think, and part of the issue is probably that it's a picture of the ceph, not a scan.  The facial pictures back up the ceph, but again, it's tough to tell whats going without a full skull ceph or full facial pictures.  The asymmetry may begin higher than the lefort I area.  The chin asymmetry also may skew one's perception of the asymetry at the maxillary level.  I think more pictures are necessary because I'm just not sure what's going on here as I'm looking again.

Can you help to re-evaluate? See my pic above and this one!

Tati

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »
Does not look good at all. You should have grounds to get your money back.
I have to say when things go well surgeons are all smiles, when they don't, they become real royal c*nts.

That last sentence of yours could not be more accurate.