Author Topic: 12 days post op after chinwing - really don't like squarisch shape  (Read 2153 times)

ben from UK

12 days post op after chinwing - really don't like squarisch shape
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »
Alot of swelling is gone. I still have some swelling, especially on the left side. But looking at the overall structure, it looks like i have a very squarisch shape without V-line. I hope it's caused by residual swelling, but i have the feeling it is just the underlying bonestructure. I would be really dissappointed if it stays like that. A boxy, squarish appearance is not what i opted for and i don't think it is aestethic at all.

Are there other people who had CW with the same experience? It seems like there's a risk losing V-shape by lowering the jawangles too much. Stupidjaws had his jawline shaved and said this was crucial. Pushing the jawangles lower could make the area between the jawangle and chin broader it seems. I explicitly asked my surgeon to shave part of the jawside during surgery. He agreed with it, but did not do it. I don't know why.

Some people want this hypermasculine squarish look. Me, i don't like that and it doesn't fit my face.

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: 12 days post op after chinwing - really don't like squarisch shape
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »
How sure are you that your subjective perception of the result isn't getting in the way of an objective improvement?

And btw for anyone considering chin wing... just f**king don't. Such a waste of money. If you just have average mandibular development, jaw angle filler does the trick perfectly

ben from UK

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 12:15:45 PM »
How sure are you that your subjective perception of the result isn't getting in the way of an objective improvement?

And btw for anyone considering chin wing... just f**king don't. Such a waste of money. If you just have average mandibular development, jaw angle filler does the trick perfectly

I'm 95 percent sure. My parents also stated it. Took pics from all angles in different lights. The aestethic results are bad. I don't think this procedure helps unless you have very big jaw and chin deficiency or do a moderate improvement, like a couple of mm's.

Fillers can't create jawangles imo.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 01:47:12 PM »
I'm 95 percent sure. My parents also stated it. Took pics from all angles in different lights. The aestethic results are bad. I don't think this procedure helps unless you have very big jaw and chin deficiency or do a moderate improvement, like a couple of mm's.

Fillers can't create jawangles imo.

That's fair enough, perhaps your problem is legitimate then. I would need to see pics.

I've seen jaw angle results using filler from one filler artist that have blown away the results from any jaw implant result I've ever seen. The reason you don't see it very often is because it requires serious talent to use filler to such effectiveness.

ben from UK

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »
That's fair enough, perhaps your problem is legitimate then. I would need to see pics.

I've seen jaw angle results using filler from one filler artist that have blown away the results from any jaw implant result I've ever seen. The reason you don't see it very often is because it requires serious talent to use filler to such effectiveness.

Forgive me for being sceptical, but surgeons show their best results. Behind the best results, there are botched jobs, bad jobs, mediocre results and people that are just too ugl to show. I think this may be close to 80-90 percent.

ODog

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
You know Ben what I find strange about your experience is that I’ve heard from a few people that CW at best only provide minimal movements, a result that’s subtler and more realistic than your typical jaw implants. But your experience proves that CW can actually offer as big a movement as jaw implants. I find that surprising... when it comes to CW I thought my biggest worry would that I’d be spending money on something that didn’t offer a noticeable enough improvement - not that the movements might be too drastic !

ben from UK

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 01:01:52 AM »
You know Ben what I find strange about your experience is that I’ve heard from a few people that CW at best only provide minimal movements, a result that’s subtler and more realistic than your typical jaw implants. But your experience proves that CW can actually offer as big a movement as jaw implants. I find that surprising... when it comes to CW I thought my biggest worry would that I’d be spending money on something that didn’t offer a noticeable enough improvement - not that the movements might be too drastic !

10 mm drop down + 8 mm sideways is more than the biggest implant i ever had. Some people with big jaw and chin deficiency need big movement. With me, everything was in proportion but just too weak overall. So it can easily look overdone on my face. There are certain parameters you can't exceed with a face. Exceeding them is like trying to walk on the sun. It will lead to suboptimal results. 1 or 2 mm can make the difference on someone's face. Good surgeons know this and never go overboard.  But i know there are alot of men with crazy ideas that are pushing surgeons to the limit. They want a Brad Pitt jaw om a small face or whatever. They don't know anything about facial proportions and harmony. They think: the bigger, the better.

The results of a cw, from what i see, are more drastic than implants. CW though, cannot create a sharp jawangle. Neither can implants. SJ is the only one i saw with sharp angles. But he had it shaved down, which was crucial.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:14:53 AM by ben from UK »

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 01:02:17 AM »
when it comes to CW I thought my biggest worry would that I’d be spending money on something that didn’t offer a noticeable enough improvement - not that the movements might be too drastic !

thats exactly what i thought too!

ben from UK

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:44 AM »
I don't know why people say that. This IS a big change. It only looks small because it looks pretty much naturel: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=1301.75

SJ's results (if he's real) are a big change. Again, going overboard will 100 percent lead to suboptimal results. Some people will never benefit from CW, because unlike implants, you need to drop down the jawangle with cw to create a jawangle. But i suppose this only works well when you have a very high jaw angle. Otherwise you probably create a U-shape, like with me. Totally not aestethic and waste of money.