Author Topic: Facelift after jaw surgery?  (Read 2989 times)

purplish

Facelift after jaw surgery?
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
Has anyone here had a facelift after jaw surgery or at least experienced sagging tissue post-op? I had my surgery nearly 3 years ago (so it's not swelling, like my surgeon kept telling me...and now he's ignoring me/refusing to give me my x rays) and my malar fat pads are so saggy! I am only 23!

When I browse forums or ask anyone online, they say that 23 is too young for a facelift, but I feel that my case is different seeing as my face aged unnaturally due to impaction. It seems like every surgeon online wants to do copious amounts of filler on anyone below 50. A lot of their patients have pillow faces and that's not what I'm after. I have a long face and I don't think my cheeks were meant to be full and round (I'd look like Jigsaw). I just want my descended tissue back where it was before surgery.

Has anyone had a similar side effect from surgery? Any luck with face or cheek lifts?

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Facelift after jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »
I doubt any respectable surgeon will give a 23 year old a face lift. But, maybe, if there's a medical reason.

Have you received an answer as to why this happened? Where you over-impacted?

Maybe post a photo of that area (not the entire face) so we can see the issue.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

purplish

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »
The surgeon won't answer my calls or emails (I haven't gone psycho on him or anything--he just avoids me) so I don't know for sure. I plan to ask another jaw surgeon as soon as I can. Here ya go!

boyo

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
Had the same thing happening to me after bimax surgery. I'm planning on getting orbital rim/malar/zygomatic arch implant as soon as the right type of material is available. When the implant is placed, you simultaneously do a midface lift which elevates and tightens the malar fat pad on top of the implant. Maybe this could be an alternative for you?

purplish

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 07:33:42 PM »
My sister got that done in conjunction with eye surgery (to make them almond shaped). It created a very full effect. She didn't have my issue though so it's hard to judge. I would consider that. Anything that lifts that damn fat pad up sounds good haha. What kind of material are you waiting for? One that mimics bone? I can't stand the feel of implants.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:30:46 PM »
Has anyone here had a facelift after jaw surgery or at least experienced sagging tissue post-op? I had my surgery nearly 3 years ago (so it's not swelling, like my surgeon kept telling me...and now he's ignoring me/refusing to give me my x rays) and my malar fat pads are so saggy! I am only 23!

When I browse forums or ask anyone online, they say that 23 is too young for a facelift, but I feel that my case is different seeing as my face aged unnaturally due to impaction. It seems like every surgeon online wants to do copious amounts of filler on anyone below 50. A lot of their patients have pillow faces and that's not what I'm after. I have a long face and I don't think my cheeks were meant to be full and round (I'd look like Jigsaw). I just want my descended tissue back where it was before surgery.

Has anyone had a similar side effect from surgery? Any lu

ck with face or cheek lifts?

Send me PMS I'll give you an analysis with options.

bracejks

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 05:08:33 AM »
i have the same issue as you,  would like give a mini facelift to fix the droopy malar pad

CloudyAngel

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 03:17:38 AM »
Hi everyone.  I have developed huge fat pads in the malar region.  All of the volume under my eyes has fallen into my cheeks.  I went to several ENTs and a dermatologist- and they all sent me back to my jaw doctor.  I also wanted to ask you, for those of you who have this problem, how did you fix it ?  And, do you still have the screws and plates in your jaws ?  I still have mine.  I think they should be removed, but am scared to do it. 

jusken

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »
Hi everyone.  I have developed huge fat pads in the malar region.  All of the volume under my eyes has fallen into my cheeks.  I went to several ENTs and a dermatologist- and they all sent me back to my jaw doctor.  I also wanted to ask you, for those of you who have this problem, how did you fix it ?  And, do you still have the screws and plates in your jaws ?  I still have mine.  I think they should be removed, but am scared to do it.

I did two screw and plate removal procedures because of how prominent mine were and I felt the first was so easy.  It was a super simple procedure that I did fully conscious and besides for about a week of swelling was totally worth it.  If it's bothering you just do it I say.

Regarding the orbital implants:  I have super hollow eyes which compounds the issue of my orbit region being slightly recessed also after jaw surgery.  Even though a slightly higher and more forward orbital rim would look much better on me, I'll wait until this procedure is more precise and doesn't involve a foreign object placed on top of the bone.  I'm convinced the eye region has to be treated with far more care than a jaw surgery procedure.  Probably most people who have a retrognathic profile also have slightly droopy or recessed cheekbones/orbit area.

CloudyAngel

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 03:01:53 PM »
The interesting thing for me is that my jaws were advanced....so you would think I would look better - or at least I did for a while.  But, now , I have sunken....

sleepypies

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »

I have a long face and I don't think my cheeks were meant to be full and round (I'd look like Jigsaw). I just want my descended tissue back where it was before surgery.

Has anyone had a similar side effect from surgery? Any luck with face or cheek lifts?

I am scheduled for a Le Fort 1 at the end of October so I can't fully speak from experience. Actually, I'm coming at it from the opposite end of things; I had small malar and submalar cheek implants placed when I was 26. I have a very similar face shape to yours (long and very narrow) and my face also looked somewhat saggy even before the implant surgery (probably in part from several weight changes due to yo-yo dieting throughout high school and college).

Anyways, I totally disagree that correctly shaped cheek implants would make you look like Jigsaw. I think small implants would give a lift to the cheek area that would add a lot of youthfulness to your face, and either (1) fix what you perceive as sagging or (2) at least nicely camouflage it. All I can say is I got TONS of sincere comments after my cheek implants, and I would not rule it out without consulting with a couple of plastic surgeons who are proponents of cheek implants. I know a lot of surgeons will try and steer you towards fillers (ughhh  :o sure I will pay you to inject my fillers for eternity), but there ARE plastic surgeons out there who actually know how to work with cheek implants, get good results, and won't tell you they only perform them on the over 50 crowd.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »
Who/what is Jigsaw?
Millimeters are miles on the face.