Author Topic: How different is the end result compared to jutting lower jaw forward?  (Read 4531 times)

wolfhero

I am a class II case and I jut my lower jaw forward to mask my lower jaw deficiency. I  am at the 12 month mark with presurgical orthodontics to decompensate my teeth.

I will be having surgery on my lower jaw to move it forward and will most probably have a sliding genioplasty that requires a bone graft.

My question is should I expect the end result to look the same as when I jut my lower jaw forward or will it look much different or even better?

Icy

Re: How different is the end result compared to jutting lower jaw forward?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »
In my experience so far, the end result has been much more subtle and balanced looking than when I used to jut my jaw in the past, my swelling is still going down though. My chin did not require a genio so my experience may differ to yours in that respect.

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:18:07 PM »
I am a class II case and I jut my lower jaw forward to mask my lower jaw deficiency. I  am at the 12 month mark with presurgical orthodontics to decompensate my teeth.

I will be having surgery on my lower jaw to move it forward and will most probably have a sliding genioplasty that requires a bone graft.

My question is should I expect the end result to look the same as when I jut my lower jaw forward or will it look much different or even better?

So do you literally jut your jaw forward and hold it there? How do you even talk straight while doing that? Or is this a natural muscle adjustment that's developed over time where your jaw is naturally slid forward several mm to form your bite?

wolfhero

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
So do you literally jut your jaw forward and hold it there? How do you even talk straight while doing that? Or is this a natural muscle adjustment that's developed over time where your jaw is naturally slid forward several mm to form your bite?

I literally jut my lower jaw forward and hold it there. I do it publicly because it is extremely embarrassing if I don't because I look way way better when I do it. The decompensation of my teeth has made me look worse in resting position but it has made jutting my lower jaw forward easier and I look better when jutting my jaw out since I can push it forward more.

Whenever I talk, my face does look weird because it looks like I'm trying to hold my lower jaw forward, but it looks almost completely natural whenever I don't talk. It's not a natural muscle adjustment at all and it does get tiring to hold it forward at times but I've gotten used to it.