Author Topic: Good UK surgeon who will perform revisional surgery  (Read 3860 times)

mikeworks

Good UK surgeon who will perform revisional surgery
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:30:27 AM »
Keep reading good things about Paul Johnson, but unfortunately after contacting was told he does not do revisional surgery.  Can you recommend another surgeon for bimaxillary osteotomy?

rolo2000

Re: Good UK surgeon who will perform revisional surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »
He probably stopped doing revision procedures after f**king up my revision case. AVOID PAUL JOHNSON at all costs!!! He left me with atrocious results. Occlusal cant, wonky jaw, long face, and another very very botched procedure. Every time I emailed complaining I would just get fobbed off by Tina (his secretary). I wouldn't say he had a bad attitude, I felt very assured and comfortable that I was in competent hands when I spoke to him prior to the procedures. As soon as I woke up from the operating theatre I saw my teeth were now slanting downward!! This was even before the swelling had properly begun in my lips. The day after while my swelling was getting stronger Mr Johnson told me it was just swelling causing it to look like it was slanted. This was bulls**t as I saw immediately post op before the swelling had got to the warping stage that the teeth were slanting to one side. A month on after swelling was on the decrease the problems just became more and more obvious. Stay away from this old man. He must be in his 70s now.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:42 AM »
He probably stopped doing revision procedures after f**king up my revision case. AVOID PAUL JOHNSON at all costs!!! He left me with atrocious results. Occlusal cant, wonky jaw, long face, and another very very botched procedure. Every time I emailed complaining I would just get fobbed off by Tina (his secretary). I wouldn't say he had a bad attitude, I felt very assured and comfortable that I was in competent hands when I spoke to him prior to the procedures. As soon as I woke up from the operating theatre I saw my teeth were now slanting downward!! This was even before the swelling had properly begun in my lips. The day after while my swelling was getting stronger Mr Johnson told me it was just swelling causing it to look like it was slanted. This was bulls**t as I saw immediately post op before the swelling had got to the warping stage that the teeth were slanting to one side. A month on after swelling was on the decrease the problems just became more and more obvious. Stay away from this old man. He must be in his 70s now.

Thats the second seriously bad review I've heard about this guy. Not good

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 03:36:27 AM »
Thats the second seriously bad review I've heard about this guy. Not good
Third.

Fowler

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
What are the other 2 on top of this one?

Bowie

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »
Why do no UK jaw surgeons have before and after photos on their websites?

Bowie

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:45:26 AM »
I met a surgeon in the UK, Professor Ian Ormiston, he specializes in jaw surgery for sleep apnea.
He is very reserved but not rude at all, he works for Nuffield Health and you can actually get double jaw surgery for £2500
I found a photo of one of his patients from a study that he was involved in

For me, although the chin meets with the tip of the nose, it should be reduced.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Double jaw for £2500? lol... there must be something dodgy going on there.

UnderMunch

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
I met a surgeon in the UK, Professor Ian Ormiston, he specializes in jaw surgery for sleep apnea.
He is very reserved but not rude at all, he works for Nuffield Health and you can actually get double jaw surgery for £2500
I found a photo of one of his patients from a study that he was involved in

For me, although the chin meets with the tip of the nose, it should be reduced.

I'm pretty sure that's not how to do an honest before and after. I mean, the man's face is not in the same position at all. And the lighting is completely different.

I'm also thinking that liposuction and skin tightening of the neck area should have been his first choice and not jaw surgery.

Bowie

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 01:21:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how to do an honest before and after. I mean, the man's face is not in the same position at all. And the lighting is completely different.

I'm also thinking that liposuction and skin tightening of the neck area should have been his first choice and not jaw surgery.
Yep deceiving photos, odd actually because although the surgeon said, "aesthetics and maxillofacial surgery go hand in hand", he has no interest whatsoever in cosmetic surgery.
 UKMaxfac yeah 25000 lol well he gets a wage from Nuffield Hospital, you are paying Nuffield Hospital but that still seems shockingly low.

I didn't ask if he does CCW but that patient looks like he had CCW.
I have the impression that he would only operate on you if you have obvious recession or have sleep study results that prove sleep apnea.

Eilerson

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
 Ormiston is an NHS surgeon. Most NHS surgeons seem to be available through Nuffield Health / BUPA as well.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
Yep deceiving photos, odd actually because although the surgeon said, "aesthetics and maxillofacial surgery go hand in hand", he has no interest whatsoever in cosmetic surgery.
 UKMaxfac yeah 25000 lol well he gets a wage from Nuffield Hospital, you are paying Nuffield Hospital but that still seems shockingly low.

I didn't ask if he does CCW but that patient looks like he had CCW.
I have the impression that he would only operate on you if you have obvious recession or have sleep study results that prove sleep apnea.

Wait 25000 or 2500? You said 2500 before. 25000 is normal

Bowie

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 02:35:55 AM »
Wait 25000 or 2500? You said 2500 before. 25000 is normal
No sorry I mean £2500 two thousand five hundred GBP