User Blogs > Standard & Video Blogs

My double jaw surgery experience

(1/4) > >>

justme:
Hi,

soon it will be 5 years since I had my double jaw surgery. In addition to a double jaw surgery, I also underwent two sliding genioplasties.  I went ahead and created a dedicated website at http://myorthognathic.surgery which I hope will be helpful to those who are planning on undergoing a jaw surgery or have already undergone one.

PS: Surgeon who performed all the surgeries is considered one of the world's best orthognathic surgeons and was trained by dr. William Arnett (Santa Barbara, CA). Sometimes I wonder what on earth did dr. Arnett teach him... Note to self: do not trust big names and titles.

Lazlo:
Sadly your results are probably more the norm than is often thought. it would be helpful with a before pic though of what you looked like before any surgery.

justme:
Just click on "Photos" at the top menu ...there are several albums with befores and afters.

Lazlo:
oh man, so i really need your help now. My upper lip is also too far out, i mean the whole upper part the philltrum etc. and part of it is cause i have like 4mm thick lip tissue which I remember Arnett saying he hadn't seen someone with so much lip tissue. Do you recommend this procedure to lessen it? I think that's rubbish.

Dr. Sinn says its the way the teeth are set also, which makes sense since my ortho is a f**king moron. My bite fits perfectly but it still looks like my lower jaw is too far back even though I've had jaw surgery and a very big genio (9mm). Honestly I feel like I need to see Dr. Gunson for the fix since the falt may be in my anatomy. What do you think has helped if anything? If I were to send you my pics you'd see the same thing, the lower chin/jaw is still behind the upper. even though the chin comes swooping out it doesn't look right.

justme:
Sure, feel free to send me your pixs, will PM you my email.  May I ask when did dr. Arnett tell you about the lip tissue? The date is important here, trust me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version