Author Topic: Jaw Flaw | How long until your jaw surgery | First Consult. | Braces time  (Read 2557 times)

Deformed_Human

Hi,

I'm curious to see how totally, royally and genetically screwed I am compared to others here. It may give me some hope and ease my depression if there are others like me.

1. Which jaw and other facial flaws are you trying to correct with jaw (and other) surgery? What other facial flaws do you have? What other surgeries do you want to correct these?

2. How long until your jaw surgery?

3. When did you have your first consultation?

4. How long are you expected to be in braces?

5. What is your age or age bracket?: a) sub 18 years old, b) 18-24 yo, c) 26-30 yo, d) 31-40, e) 41-60, f) 61+

Thanks for induldging my curiosity, depression, etc.

Deformed_Human

Kicking the ball off:

Hi,

I'm curious to see how totally, royally and genetically screwed I am compared to others here. It may give me some hope and ease my depression if there are others like me.

1. Which jaw and other facial flaws are you trying to correct with jaw (and other) surgery? What other facial flaws do you have? What other surgeries do you want to correct these?

Jaw flaws: recessed maxilla, paranasal hollowing, recessed mandible, downward grown jaw, steep jaw angle i think it's called?, no ramus, long midface.

Other flaws include: long midface, flat low cheekbones, balding, round bug eyes like I was designed by Pixar, narrow skull, sloped forehead, long philtrum, etc
I can't get surgery on much until I've had jaw surgery as jaw surgery moves the position of everything else, like the nose, but I do plan to get a lip lift if possible, rhino maybe, a hair transplant, jaw angle implants.

Over 18 mths - 2 years. I'll be shuffling around with a zimmerframe and a heavy titanium jaw that I can't quite hold up. :'(

2014 I think. I'm still not in fuccen braces.  :'(

18 mths - 2 yrs.

5. What is your age or age bracket? Pick 2 age brackets if you REALLY want to keep it a secret: a) sub 18 years old, b) 18-24 yo, c) 26-30 yo, d) 31-40, e) 41-60, f) 61+

c/d

Thanks for induldging my curiosity, depression, etc.

See bold above.

kjohnt

YTBD, but bimax with possible very mild CCW rotation, i.e. maybe 1-2mm anterior impaction.  Need projection of both maxilla and mandible for increased airway and aesthetics.  Have a long forehead and hairline makes a bit worse.  No other surgeries.

Maybe 2-3 months left.

Feb 2016.

18-24 months total.  Have had since May 2016 so I'm at nine months currently.  This is round two - wore from 11-14 years old including cervical pull headgear which ruined my maxilla.

5. What is your age or age bracket?: a) sub 18 years old, b) 18-24 yo, c) 26-30 yo, d) 31-40, e) 41-60, f) 61+

I'll be 33 in four days.

-----------

Most people say I'm good looking but also recognize the aesthetic benefit I'd gain in profile.  There are outliers on either side - I've been told I'm very attractive and I've also been told I'm weird looking. 

The mandible is easy... move forward.  My biggest fear is negative affects of moving my maxilla.  My gum show is in ideal range on edge of too much, but I'd be happy if it didn't change.  My nose is good so I'm hoping for minimal change there as well.

UKMaxfac

YTBD, but bimax with possible very mild CCW rotation, i.e. maybe 1-2mm anterior impaction.  Need projection of both maxilla and mandible for increased airway and aesthetics.  Have a long forehead and hairline makes a bit worse.  No other surgeries.

Maybe 2-3 months left.

Feb 2016.

18-24 months total.  Have had since May 2016 so I'm at nine months currently.  This is round two - wore from 11-14 years old including cervical pull headgear which ruined my maxilla.

I'll be 33 in four days.

-----------

Most people say I'm good looking but also recognize the aesthetic benefit I'd gain in profile.  There are outliers on either side - I've been told I'm very attractive and I've also been told I'm weird looking. 

The mandible is easy... move forward.  My biggest fear is negative affects of moving my maxilla.  My gum show is in ideal range on edge of too much, but I'd be happy if it didn't change.  My nose is good so I'm hoping for minimal change there as well.

If you have gotten to 33 and you dont have any major flaws.. what's the point?

kjohnt

If you have gotten to 33 and you dont have any major flaws.. what's the point?

Haha, I should just roll over and die at this point huh?

This has been something that has bothered me since I was a young teen after my braces were removed.  I wish I'd known then or in my early 20s what I know now (or actually before I ever had braces and headgear), but I didn't.  I've come to peace with that.  It wasn't until recently that I learned about obstructive sleep apnea and dove into this world of jaw surgery, learning the true reasons behind why I didn't like my appearance.

I still feel young, relatively healthy, and have a lot of life to live.  Onward and upward.