Author Topic: best surgeon for overbite jawsurgery  (Read 2939 times)

mary-ann

best surgeon for overbite jawsurgery
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
Hi everyone

i'm strongly considering having an overbite jaw surgery to fix my overbite, it's mostly because of eastetics my mouth is too portruding and it has been bothering me for a long time, I just want to make sure that the place and surgeon I go too is good and well experienced, so does anyone have any suggestion or experience having this procedure by a good and affordable surgeon here in europe?

sensual_lips

Re: best surgeon for overbite jawsurgery
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:03:44 PM »
Prof mirco raffaini in parma. I will be having surgery first technique with him and have a recessed chin too.

Stay away from prof sandro pelo in rome, the guy is zero aesthetic and is out of touch and very oldschool!

ppsk

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:36:50 AM »
Prof mirco raffaini in parma. I will be having surgery first technique with him and have a recessed chin too.

Stay away from prof sandro pelo in rome, the guy is zero aesthetic and is out of touch and very oldschool!

how was the process with Raffaini? Are you local or did you contact him online?

I've been put off by calling a few spanish clinics that proclaim to cater to english speaking patients only to find myself struggling with the receptionist's limited english. Ended up with a rather annoyed doctor once who the receptionist passed me off to because she couldn't understand me, no doubt eating into his valuable time for with no recomp.  ;D

Kingusia87

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »
Both prof Raffaini and his receptionists speak English, there was now problem with comunication

sensual_lips

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
I second that! They speak good English, THANK GOD! LOL x

sensual_lips

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 04:25:11 PM »
how was the process with Raffaini? Are you local or did you contact him online?

I've been put off by calling a few spanish clinics that proclaim to cater to english speaking patients only to find myself struggling with the receptionist's limited english. Ended up with a rather annoyed doctor once who the receptionist passed me off to because she couldn't understand me, no doubt eating into his valuable time for with no recomp.  ;D

Hey, professor Raffaini speaks perfect English and his receptionists who i emailed with many times and spoke to on the phone speaks English. I would say so far it has been very positive and the email reply back from his clinic/receptionists is near darn perfect like same day or next day replies. NOW on the other hand Professor Pelo in Rome was an absolute nightmare...can't speak English and his receptionists kept putting the phone don and so i had to pay for an interpreter to call up on my behalf! So glad i am not going ahead with surgery with that arrogant fool.

ppsk

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »

Hey, professor Raffaini speaks perfect English and his receptionists who i emailed with many times and spoke to on the phone speaks English. I would say so far it has been very positive and the email reply back from his clinic/receptionists is near darn perfect like same day or next day replies. NOW on the other hand Professor Pelo in Rome was an absolute nightmare...can't speak English and his receptionists kept putting the phone don and so i had to pay for an interpreter to call up on my behalf! So glad i am not going ahead with surgery with that arrogant fool.

that sounds fantastic then, Raffaini looks to be a very experienced surgeon.

Did he give you a rough quote on the prices?

sensual_lips

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
that sounds fantastic then, Raffaini looks to be a very experienced surgeon.

Did he give you a rough quote on the prices?

Below is the email reply i got from his receptionist Elisa a few months ago in regard to surgery costs. Hope that helps :)

Dear ******

We don't deal with the insurance company directly. Patient pays for visit and surgery and then receive the reimbursement from insurance.
You can consider a range of cost starting from 15.000€ for a bimaxillary surgery.