Author Topic: Hyperelastic Printed Bone Developed By US Team  (Read 7063 times)

ppsk

Re: Hyperelastic Printed Bone Developed By US Team
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
I'm not taken by the hype until they produce evidence of "real bone" ingrowth.

Remember you all got worked up about CT bone a few years ago and that turned out to be...... a lot of marketing hype and not much else.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »
I'm not taken by the hype until they produce evidence of "real bone" ingrowth.

Remember you all got worked up about CT bone a few years ago and that turned out to be...... a lot of marketing hype and not much else.

sorry man ppsk is right. it's only gonna be of use for grafts between small osteotomies. Then maybe real bone can be induced to fill it in, but as an onlay that you suggest for cheekbone, chin implants etc. NO. It cannot work for that because there is no way to induce real bone to grow through it. Further it is biodegradable so as an implant it will slowly disappear. End of story. You should lock this thread.

Lestat

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 04:28:54 AM »
This technology could be the biggest break through ever in the field of craniofacial surgery.

Haha haha! You are funny! And you call yourself a scientist. Show us scientific proof/studies/publications or shut up.
Stop wasting my time with pure marketing s**t or you get banned from this forum!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:40:16 AM by Lestat »

Lestat

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 04:39:44 AM »
And regarding the product hyperelastic bone, I share Lazlos opinion:

it's only gonna be of use for grafts between small osteotomies. Then maybe real bone can be induced to fill it in, but as an onlay that you suggest for cheekbone, chin implants etc. NO. It cannot work for that because there is no way to induce real bone to grow through it. Further it is biodegradable so as an implant it will slowly disappear. End of story. You should lock this thread.

And as I have already said:
I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36:48 AM »
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

ptc

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »
sorry man ppsk is right. it's only gonna be of use for grafts between small osteotomies. Then maybe real bone can be induced to fill it in, but as an onlay that you suggest for cheekbone, chin implants etc. NO. It cannot work for that because there is no way to induce real bone to grow through it. Further it is biodegradable so as an implant it will slowly disappear. End of story. You should lock this thread.

Lazlo, you are unbelievably ignorant. Stop pretending to have scientific knowledge that you don't have. Bone cells will grow into an HB scaffold if it is laid onto bone. "no way to induce bone growth through it", how about drilling into the bone you fool. Your arguments about HB are the same ones you used about CT-Bone. Until you were proven comprehensively wrong that is. Stop wasting peoples time, and don't comment on things you don't understand. Faggot.

ptc

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
And regarding the product hyperelastic bone, I share Lazlos opinion:

And as I have already said:
I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

Nothing impresses you. Not even cutting edge science. Go back to your black magic and see how far that gets you.

Lestat

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
It seems as if something has happened in the meantime.

https://3dprint.com/207618/hyperelastic-bone-now-available/

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »
It seems as if something has happened in the meantime.

https://3dprint.com/207618/hyperelastic-bone-now-available/

Yeah this stuff could be a game changer if it can truly be customized and doesn't create any sort of infection.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 03:49:17 AM »
the problem though is that i doubt it can be used as an onlay so probably not great for implants come to think of it.

ugh....

tim06

• Private
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
the problem though is that i doubt it can be used as an onlay so probably not great for implants come to think of it.

ugh....

It seems like no patient has ever received an implant made of this material and it is all just hypothetic.
Also you can buy a 3d printer for $5k bucks and already print your own implants with it.
Just lol