Author Topic: Lab-grown bones successfully transplanted!  (Read 4114 times)

Lestat

Lab-grown bones successfully transplanted!
« on: February 04, 2017, 03:07:17 AM »
HAIFA –  Israeli biotech company Bonus Biogroup's lab-grown, semi-liquid bone graft was successfully injected into the jaws of 11 people to repair bone loss in an early stage clinical trial, it said on Monday.

The material, grown in a lab from each patient's own fat cells, was injected into and filled the voids of the problematic bones. Over a few months it hardened and merged with the existing bone to complete the jaw, it said.

The announcement was made in a statement to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange and Bonus Biogroup is presenting its results at the International Conference on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Spain on Monday.

The company, which has raised $14 million, said it plans to dual list on Nasdaq in the coming months.

"For the first time worldwide, reconstruction of deficient or damaged bone tissue is achievable by growing viable human bone graft in a laboratory, and transplanting it back to the patient in a minimally invasive surgery via injection," said Chief Executive Shai Meretzki.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/12/05/israel-bonus-says-lab-grown-bones-successfully-transplanted.html

What do you guys think?

Lestat

Re: Lab-grown bones successfully transplanted!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:25:20 AM »
Please take a look at the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXZUOD9j48

Minute 1:07:

-"WHAT WE INJECT IS A LIVE BONE! This is the first time ever it has been done!"

We need further information!

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:52:39 AM »
OMG i hope this is for real.  We have to wait and see if the long term stability of the material is actually as it seems. the company seems to be making its first big shot at public investors, so its not far fetched for them to be exaggerating their claims. 

What will really make me hopeful is what the international maxfac confrence thinks of this.  i hope research on this moves fast so it becomes available to the mainstream public.  What doo you think that time frame will look like?

ptc

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 12:22:56 PM »
If you think that injecting liquid bone into you face will make you more handsome then go ahead and do it. I can tell you right now however, that it won't. /thread

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »
LOL @pct commenting on technology thats not even released

are you a time traveler?

a fortune teller?

How about you "tell us right now" that there is no medical applications to this?

Notice how this is the functional surgery section?

f**kin lol.  if i can add mass to my jaw, fill in gaps from previous segmentation or even change the shapes and angularity with a simple injection, that lasts long term and actually biologically osseo-integrates, im full speed ahead with my credit card in hand. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »
LOL @pct commenting on technology thats not even released

are you a time traveler?

a fortune teller?

How about you "tell us right now" that there is no medical applications to this?

Notice how this is the functional surgery section?

f**kin lol.  if i can add mass to my jaw, fill in gaps from previous segmentation or even change the shapes and angularity with a simple injection, that lasts long term and actually biologically osseo-integrates, im full speed ahead with my credit card in hand.

good stuff dude!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 02:43:37 PM »
Please take a look at the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXZUOD9j48

Minute 1:07:

-"WHAT WE INJECT IS A LIVE BONE! This is the first time ever it has been done!"

We need further information!

2030 decade of the MEGAHUMAN! Keep yourselves in good shape till then lads!

asphyxia

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
What is really interesting is the last sentence of the video. Apparently, they're going to try and inject it into "longer, extremity bones", which means as pure onlay and not "inlay" (English is not my mother tongue, so please excuse me if I spell it wrong).
If no resorption occurs, then, we're good.
Fingers crossed.

Lestat

earl25

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
if this works it will be YEARS (decades) before it readily available especially for cosmetic stuff.

just look at hair loss research. ever few years some new breakthrough is reported in a study and it either neves comes to market ,loses funding or something else

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:21 PM »
if this works it will be YEARS (decades) before it readily available especially for cosmetic stuff.

just look at hair loss research. ever few years some new breakthrough is reported in a study and it either neves comes to market ,loses funding or something else

yeah that's why I said 2030s is when we'll see this stuff filtering into our lives. Better then than never!? Right?

There will be a super hair loss replacement technique in the 2020s for sure --like hair multiplication or cloning for sure.

earl25

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 08:47:02 PM »
yeah that's why I said 2030s is when we'll see this stuff filtering into our lives. Better then than never!? Right?

There will be a super hair loss replacement technique in the 2020s for sure --like hair multiplication or cloning for sure.

I doubt it

Lefortitude

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
I doubt it

im also sadly pessimistic.  I think businesses make too much money off, a5r inhibitors, multiple FUT/FUE procedures, minox, hair pieces etc.  that the price of a one time super fix would make it unreasonable, and therefore less profitable, than camo treatments that are mediocre at best, and require long term financial commitment. 

same goes for s**tty silastic/medpor implants

asphyxia

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
I disagree. There is a huge market for this stuff. I'm studying in the field and I know investors avec very reactive.
Israel relies a lot on it's biotech industry lately, also a mean to gain some diplomatic legitimacy, if you see what I mean.

buzzhead

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »
 :-\  That goes for cancer cures as well, sorry to say.