Author Topic: can you judge if my upper jaw was moved forward by the xray?  (Read 1238 times)

dovidiostore

• Private
can you judge if my upper jaw was moved forward by the xray?
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:14:14 AM »
it would be helpful! i've always been curious ever since the surgery if they moved the upper jaw forward. i know it was impacted somewhat to close the open bite, but am unsure if it was advanced. i can't really tell from the xrays. however if i draw a line from my teeth to my forehead in the 'after' it seems my teeth are in front of my forehead. i tried to do the same in the 'pre-op' xray but my forehead was cut off slightly so it's hard to tell. i was never informed of the movements that took place.

i'd prefer if it was advanced during the procedure for airway benefits and such. because i didn't have lower jaw surgery, i thought 'how could they have move it forward if it was in front of the bottom teeth to begin with' unless the auto-rotation of the lower provided room for it to be advanced (or slightly) i was worried thinking it was 'set back' during the procedure

https://imgur.com/a/o0ER9

here's the xrays. i had to rotate the pre-op xray a bit as my head was angled upwards a noticeable amount

an opinion would help, thanks guys!

CCW

Re: can you judge if my upper jaw was moved forward by the xray?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
No, no advancement since you had a Class I dental relationship before the surgery. In order to maintain the Class I relationship, your surgeon would've needed to advance both of your jaws.

dovidiostore

• Private
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:47:47 PM »
Thanks for your reply man. Does that mean I'm no longer a class 1 or that the surgery gave me a worse class bite? Was that the wrong thing to do in your opinion?

CCW

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
No, it's still Class I and better than before because you no longer have an open bite.

Ballsomsak

• sbobet
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 08:30:01 PM »

This is very good content. I read a good knowledge that is very useful.