Author Topic: 3 rough steps to get the right cosmetic surgery for you  (Read 1592 times)

Schrödingers Jaw

3 rough steps to get the right cosmetic surgery for you
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:59:58 AM »
1, Figure out your flaws in detail.

To do this it's useful to get a rudimentary understanding of the anatomy, let's say your eyes are unfortunate-looking, then you should understand things like eyeglobe prominence, eyelid shape, orbital bone structure etc.

It's useful to think about it almost archetypically so what is the ideal eye -or close enough?

Something like that, and then you deconstruct the various anatomical pieces relevant to aesthetics. For example: lateral canthus (almost) horizontal to the middle of the pupil, short lower lid placed above the border of the iris, upper eyelid shouldn't drop down much toward the lateral canthus etc.

2, Figure out exactly what you need.

Say you're David Gandy and you notice that your upper eyelid hooding is drooping laterally which makes your whole face look worse. Armed with the knowledge from point one you instantly recognize what's wrong and you know what you need to look better - raising the lateral part of your upper eyelid hooding:

Rough morph but you get the idea, I only raised the outer part of his upper eyelid hooding 1-2mm or so, nothing else whatsoever. Yet if you glance at the before/after it almost looks like he got a subtle facelift, the halo effect is that strong.

3, Find a skilled surgeon that will give you what you want.

You need to understand what procedure you need, do not let any surgeon tell you what to get. Once you have a good idea and you've located a skilled, experienced surgeon who thoroughly understands what you want to happen then you go through with the surgery.

Thanks for reading, I am on the lookout for knowledgeable discussion partners that want to discuss various ways of improving looks and exchange information. If you're interested feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you my skype if I believe we can have a productive relationship. I'm currently mostly focused on eyes and I will be for some time but I'm up for any talk, from dermaneedling skin to advanced fat transfer techniques.

EDIT- I forgot to add that the ideal eye doesn't exist but once you've analysed a number of very attractive eye areas you notice reoccurring parts of the geometrical and anatomical substructure that makes up aesthetics same for other areas of the body.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:11:33 AM by Schrödingers Jaw »