Author Topic: ATTENTION - mobilising all forum forces - Potential technique?  (Read 1282 times)

The Quest for Aesthetics

ATTENTION - mobilising all forum forces - Potential technique?
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
Alright guys, we need to work something out. It concerns the aesthetics of the lower midface, and it's something which I believe to be seriously important when it comes to creating that instant beauty when looking at the face.

Essentially it concerns broadening the lower midface and the lower palate but in a different way. As you can see in the attachment it not only involves broadening the palate, but also using the midline cut to rotate each half of the palate anteriorly. The solid arch signifies the initial palate, the dotted arch is the ideal final palate. Obviously exaggerated to demonstrate to emphasise the sort of thing we want to end up with. The little square signifies one of the teeth and the sort of movement we want. The middle line is the midline cut, and the arrows show the direction that each half of the palate would ideally be rotated in order to achieve the result that we want.

The reason why just broadening the palate is inadequate is because it fails to make the most lateral part of the arch more forward.

If anybody is consulting with important surgeons in the near future, and is genuinely interested in what really constitutes beauty, it would be great to discuss this further. I will be asking Dr Gunson about this general concept when I go to visit him.

[attachment deleted by admin]